mtbr member

Iron Horse website

Out with the old, in with the new.

http://www.ironhorsebikes.com/

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Are the 2005's available now?

I wouldn't think they'd put up a 2005 website unless the product was available. Otherwise, you just make people mad for advertising something that isn't available. It think it would have been smarter to just have their old 2004 website with their 2005 sneak peak feature until the product was shipping.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Allright! No more animation!

The dw-link info comes across as market-speak, though: lots of fancy terminology without really explaining anything. I'd much rather see some plain english, spiced up with rider testimonials, snippets from published reviews, etc., in its place, and leave the tech talk to dw's page.

Speaking of which, is Dave going to update his site anytime soon, especially in light of the new layout & models?

The full spec on the MKIII Expert looks damn good... I've been seriously debating whether this is the year I move to a 29" FS frame, but nothing as advanced as the dw-link exists in that world, and the '05 changes have really captured my attention. Hmmm...

Riding a Rig.
    Uh, why wait until everything is actualy in stores? Some of the hardtails may already be available. They want to get info out about the new bikes and if someone really wants it they can wait a few months... Look at any other manufacturer, they put up their 05 sites months ago without whipping any bikes.
    "Physics is timeless. Marketing and bs never lasts. Thats been proven time and time again."
    -Dave Weagle

Riding a Rig.
    I think the dw-link info is pretty decent, though I don't like "squat curve manipulation" term without some kind of explenation... The rest of the info there seems pretty sound. DW should add more info to his site like you said. I'd be willing to do a redesign for him for free if he would like. I should email him about it.
    "Physics is timeless. Marketing and bs never lasts. Thats been proven time and time again."
    -Dave Weagle

mtbr member
    will the new MKiii be available in frame only mode?

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by CTRider
    will the new MKiii be available in frame only mode?
    Si...sometime in the late winter/early spring.

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Yes!

SKA Todd,

Any idea on prices MK III prices on frame only? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd
    Si...sometime in the late winter/early spring.

-ska todd
    Excellent - color options for the frames? Different from those on the complete bikes?

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Shoo Pork
    Any idea on prices MK III prices on frame only? Thanks!
    Pricing not finaled but approx $1400 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by CTRider
    Excellent - color options for the frames? Different from those on the complete bikes?
    Henry Ford style...

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

You Can Choose Any Color As Long As It Is....

Pricing not finaled but approx $1400 I believe.

Henry Ford style...

-ska todd

LOL, do you mean any color as long as it is black? Does the price include the rear shock? Thanks Todd.

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Shoo Pork
    LOL, do you mean any color as long as it is black? Does the price include the rear shock? Thanks Todd.
    Yep, black only...price is w/ shock, HS, & s-post.

-ska todd

mtbr member
    that frame colour on the mk111 expert looks shocking.hope it looks better in real life?

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo
    that frame colour on the mk111 expert looks shocking.hope it looks better in real life?
    Mk III Expert shocking? Nah...that bike is quite subdued, maybe overly subdued IMHO. The Mk III Team on the otherhand...LOL. The color on the site makes it seem smurfier than it is in reallife/production. It has a bit of gray tone to it. If you see pics from Dirt Demo of the Mk III Team you'll see the production color.

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

LMAO! 80's Reference

Mk III Expert shocking? Nah...that bike is quite subdued, maybe overly subdued IMHO. The Mk III Team on the otherhand...LOL. The color on the site makes it seem smurfier than it is in reallife/production. It has a bit of gray tone to it. If you see pics from Dirt Demo of the Mk III Team you'll see the production color.

-ska todd

Man, I know I am old now when I know what a smurf is. I showed my buddy in the Army the 05 MK III Expert and said that you add some black and khaki and you will have a camoflouged bike, lol.

I might do what Speedhub did and buy the frame later next year if the Fundage allows and build up the bike how I want (Fox Talas 130 TLC, Sram drivetrain, Bontrager UST's discs, Avid hydros, Race Face Deuce X, etc). The Iron Horse prices for their frames are very competitve compared to the boutique builders. Plus, I really dig the DW-LINk Suspension on my HP. Their are several bike painters that could really "Pimp My Ride" and get custom painting for a very reasonable amount.

Riding a Rig.
    I think that green rocks. I really don't like green, but for some reason that color really caught my eye.
    -Dave Weagle