mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Iron horse sgs swingarm.

Hi everyone. I am new here. This is my first post. I live in Sedona Az. I have a 2002 iron horse sgs expert. I have been pounding this bike for 12 years now. I recently noticed a hairline crack in my swing arm on my chain stay towards the bottom bracket. I'm finding that iron horse is out of business. Where can I find this part? I have searched the net only to find full frame sets or used sgs's on ebay and pinkbike. Does anyone have a parts guru for this situation. I only need the lower half of the swing arm. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Eddy B.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    No help for you, but I have a 2001 sgs and have found a crack in the lower half also.

Brackish

Re: Iron horse sgs swingarm.

Same thing killed my '03 SGS Sport in 2005, it was a great bike. If it makes you feel any better, Iron Horse's sterling customer service wouldn't help me with it even when they were still in business so you're probably ahead of the game for not having the pleasure of dealing with them.

I cashiered the frame and bought something else, but I still had parts from that bike in service in 2009.

mtbr member
    Find a good welder to fix her up. That's the beauty of metal frames.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I don't really have any advice on your swingarm other than what SeaHag wrote, I would get it welded and just keep an eye on it, a great welder can fix it I'm sure. I did want to touch base on the IH thing though, i have an IH Le and love the thing, even dropped 500 on a new rear Fox Float CTD. I love the bike but it looks like trying to get any parts, frame and swingarm wise, as not going to happen. It really stinks because I love the bike and beat on it at least twice a week and it seems to take a pounding but kinda scared to keep dropping money into it with upgrades if when the bushings and stuff wear out......really stinks!