mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Iron Horse SGS Sport details????

I'm building an 03 SGS, I'm having trouble finding all the details for this bike.

www.bikedetails.info doesn't have all the info. Things like BB size, FD size...etc....

Any help here would be great.

Thank you everyone

Brackish

Here you go

I had one of those for about a year and a half, fun bike. Here are the numbers: the Deore front derailleur that came on my '03 SGS sport was a 34.9 ( part number appears to be FD-M510) and the BB is a Truvativ DH 113 spindle - 68/73mm shell (it came new on the bike using the spacer so the correct chainline needs the 68mm size). The seatpost...I still have the Koski that came on it, but I chopped it down to about 7" to clear the shock when fully dropped and the size number is long gone. If you want this stuff (used, but still functional) about fifteen bucks takes all three parts, shipping included. Regardless, it'll be a cool ride when you get it built up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

How used????

That would be great, but how "used" are these parts?

Thanks for your reply and help

Brackish
    Quote Originally Posted by Police619
    That would be great, but how "used" are these parts?

Thanks for your reply and help
    I swapped the BB out of the SGS for a Race Face Evolve FR just because I wanted to, the front Derailler is covered in dust from Whistler but it never gave me a mis-shift and the only reason I took it off was because I partsed the bike out when Iron Horse couldn't replace the cracked chainstay for me, and the post was chopped short but was so far into the frame that no harm could have come to it. I also have the Deore triggers that came stock on the SGS: make it 30 total and you can have the lot. My email is tracelements23@gmail.com if you're interested.

Last edited by carbuncle; 06-25-2006 at 08:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Hmmmmm....

Do you have any cranks that you want to get rid of? The cranks I have are square taper, if you had some you wanted to sell I could use that BB.

again thanks for your help

Brackish
    Do you have any cranks that you want to get rid of? The cranks I have are square taper, if you had some you wanted to sell I could use that BB.

again thanks for your help
    Unfortunately, no. I am recycling the original cranks onto a Fetish Cycles Obsession. An aside: do get some ISIS or external BB cranks if you are going to ride hard (like freeride, dh). They are much stiffer and less likely to break (I have actually had a square taper spindle tear right off on a landing). Also, avoid Truvativ Hussefelts from before '04: the pedal thread is glued into the crank arm, and is threaded the same direction as the pedals. Short story, as often as not when you take the pedals out you get the whole insert with them. '04 and after are pinned to solve this.

Last edited by carbuncle; 06-26-2006 at 09:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    sorry I just realized this is the same person in both forums.....sorry bout that

Brackish
    sorry I just realized this is the same person in both forums.....sorry bout that

No problem. Seriously, email me: you'll get a quicker response.