mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Iron Horse forum is dwindling down

It looks as if the Iron Horse forum is slowly going away. Thought I would just post some pics of my Sachem 6 hopefully to keep things going a little bit longer before it disapears.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Here are the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iron Horse forum is dwindling down-brandywine-1.jpg  

Iron Horse forum is dwindling down-brandywine-2.jpg  

Iron Horse forum is dwindling down-brandywine-3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by helidave View Post
    DH is what you do when you have huge hairy balls and love to shred the gnar.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Iron Horse Azure

My Azure is still going strong. Awesome XC bike! Gonna head south soon to get to some warmer riding trails, as everything is under snow in Santa Fe.

Pedal! Gasp for Air...
    Anyone know if Iron Horse will ever open back up, or are they dead in the water? The website has said "coming soon" for 2 years now. My first bike was a Warrior and I really like the value this company gave, and the use of a DW link on the FS bikes.

Dropshot Champ!
    they wont have dw, thats for sure

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man
    they wont have dw, thats for sure
    That, on the grounds Iron Horse is in production. I don't see it.

banned
    I must have forgotten the definition of 'Clairvoyance'.

http://www.ironhorseownersclub.com/i...p?topic=1288.0

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I just got this letter from Pacific Cycles (one of Dorel Ind. subsidiaries), which seems to indicate that they at least have intention to resurrect IH. Maybe if we give them some encouragement... they will follow through.

Hello Jaime,

Thank you for your interest in the IronHorse brand bicycles. We do market a line of IronHorse brand bicycles that was introduced in 2010. The bicycles are currently being sold at big box sporting goods stores such as Dunhams and Dick's Clothing and Sporting Goods stores.

We do apologize for the lack of a web address to go to, as the IronHorse website is under construction. Please see http://www.bing.com/search?q=iron+ho...k=&adlt=strict for links regarding our purchase of the brand and current retailers that carry it.

Thank you,
    Dawn

Pacific Cycle Customer Service
    Makers of:
    Mongoose-Schwinn-Roadmaster-Pacific-Instep-KidTrax
    Toll-Free: 1-800-626-2811
    Fax: 1-800-858-2800
    Hours: M-F 8am to 5pm
    A Division of Dorel Industries

Sent: Mon 1/24/2011 3:06 PM
    To: Customer Service
    Subject: FW: Ironhorse Bicycles
    Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 1:33 PM
    To: Info
    Subject: Ironhorse Bicycles

Dear Sirs,

I own an Ironhorse Azure. I was looking for information on this bike, and found that your company had purchased IH. And yet when I looked on your website I couldn't find mention of IH. Will you be producing Ironhorse bikes in the future? I have to say it's the best bike I've ever owned for XC / All Mountain riding.

Thanks,

Jaime Cobb

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimexc
    I just got this letter from Pacific Cycles (one of Dorel Ind. subsidiaries), which seems to indicate that they at least have intention to resurrect IH. Maybe if we give them some encouragement... they will follow through.
    Everyone understands what you are trying to achieve, but in reality... Pacific Cycles know exactly what was bought with Iron Horse Bicycle Company. IHBC had a handle in everything--World Championships, quality bikes at an amazing price-point in all disciplines of riding, and the oh-so-critical 'FanBoy' Market-Segment. That last characterization being overly critical; it does represent Sales however generic and stale the percentile becomes.

The answer you recieved from whomever at Pacific follows the lines of an already set aganda having a direction for the Brand. It clearly does not involve campaigning Racing, supporting Racing, or even making bikes to be alternatives to dedicated enthusiasts and club activities.

It's understandable though; the former management imploded the company from the outside!!!