mtbr member
    Nov 2006

iron horse emblem

As some of you may already know. I am rebuilding one of my 6 point frames. currently I have the frame at a shop getting a fresh powder coat, all new bearings and so on. now the next thing I am in need of is the IH emblem but I am having a hard time finding one. Does anyone know where I can pick one up or if anyone has one that would be willing to sell to me?

GAME ON!
    you can get stickers on ebay, but that will likely be all you're going to find. taking the emblem itself off pretty much leaves it mangled so it's not likely that anyone will just have one somewhere.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Akuria, since you are rebuilding your Iron Horse, maybe you can help me out. I am looking to buy a 2008 Iron Horse MK III Comp. The company is out of business. The bike is in great shape. In the event that something breaks, is there anything on the bike that can not be fixed? (other than cracking the frame) Do I have to use Iron Horse parts or can I interchange them with other models or parts? Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOP RT
    Akuria, since you are rebuilding your Iron Horse, maybe you can help me out. I am looking to buy a 2008 Iron Horse MK III Comp. The company is out of business. The bike is in great shape. In the event that something breaks, is there anything on the bike that can not be fixed? (other than cracking the frame) Do I have to use Iron Horse parts or can I interchange them with other models or parts? Thanks

You might be ale to find someone that makes aftermarket parts for your IH but they are not interchangeable between other models.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    At this point, buying an Iron Horse (especially a MKIII) is a big gamble. No support, no spare parts, plus a variety of quality issues mean you should think twice. The only place for parts now is http://www.licycleworx.com/default.asp and when they run out, that's it.

Akuria, I'm looking for stickers/badges for my IH also, I'll post back if I find anything. There is a guy on ebay w/ sticker kits for a Sunday that look pretty decent, but no headbadges yet. Might have to go custom.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by norton05
    At this point, buying an Iron Horse (especially a MKIII) is a big gamble. No support, no spare parts, plus a variety of quality issues mean you should think twice. The only place for parts now is http://www.licycleworx.com/default.asp and when they run out, that's it.

Akuria, I'm looking for stickers/badges for my IH also, I'll post back if I find anything. There is a guy on ebay w/ sticker kits for a Sunday that look pretty decent, but no headbadges yet. Might have to go custom.
    stickers aren't a problem for me. I work at a print shop and can make them out of cut vinyl myself. I am just stuck looking for the head badge. I guess if I dont find one I can always do cut vinyl.

Si vales, valeo.
    Quote Originally Posted by akuria
    stickers aren't a problem for me. I work at a print shop and can make them out of cut vinyl myself. I am just stuck looking for the head badge. I guess if I dont find one I can always do cut vinyl.
    Your vinyl sucks...I have seen better work from a 2 year old with a broken green crayon.
    "An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered." G.K. Chesterton

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint
    Your vinyl sucks...I have seen better work from a 2 year old with a broken green crayon.
    You're delusional.

Mk3
    mtbr member
    How about the computer guys? A friend of mine used to get custom dome shaped badges for his PCs he sold. Perhaps one could be made in the larger size/shape for the IH logo.

on second thought, how about getting someone to make on out of aluminum? kind of like what Turner or others use. then custom paint black and yellow.