mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Iron Horse Bakuto Yakuza

Ok, I found an 05 15" in excellent condition. Practically never rode. It is clean! With Atomlab Trailpimp wheels for $300. Most of the reviews I've read on these have been pretty good. Only thing people have complained about is weight and that can be fixed. I used to race XC and haven't seriously rode trails in years. I want to get back into a little trail riding but mostly dirt jumping. This seems like a good frame for that application. I guess I just want to know who else is riding one and what they think of it. When I get it I'll post pics up on here. It is a bad looking bike for the price!

I'd like to see some other builds with this frame, so if you got one post some pics plz!

mtbr member
    This is mine. I love it! I have dual suspension fr bikes, but i REALLY like this one. The first pics here were taken after I raced it. The ONLY hardtail at the Gravity East Finals! I finished 3 seconds off of the podium in Cat 2, ages 30-39.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iron Horse Bakuto Yakuza-badrobot.jpg  

Iron Horse Bakuto Yakuza-badrobot2.jpg  

Iron Horse Bakuto Yakuza-badrobot3.jpg  

Iron Horse Bakuto Yakuza-badrobotbunker_1024x768.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Fly like a G6! Yeah, I just got mine yesterday. I gotta say, for what I'm capable of right now, this bike is adequate! But, I'm afraid I will eventually demand more from a bike. Heaviest bike I've ever rode!LOL I will post pics as soon as I get my camera back. I only gave $240 for it and it doesn't look like this thing ever got rode much. Fork feels a bit spongey. Plan on taking it to LBS and seeing if I need to adjust anything on it. Don't know much about it. It's a Manitou Splice Comp 130 mm. Seems ok. Won't know for a couple more months, I guess. Anyway, good to see someone else enjoying this ride!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Took it out today for a short ride. Man, I can't ride like I used to. Took a small jump and somehow my feet came off the pedals and my chest hit the saddle as the bike landed. I cracked the saddle and bruised a couple ribs. Oh it sucked! Found another saddle already for like $20 so I'll get that. Other than that the bike is solid. Components are adequate for now. Can already tell I'd like lighter wheels. And a full face helmet! Keep on keepin on ya'll!

mtbr member
    You're gonna demand more...? You won't break this frame from jumps, hucks, etc. The only thing I have ever seen break with these, is when people brake while in reverse, ie, an abubaca.