mtbr member
    May 2008

Iron Horse 7point: Primed and Ready to Rock!

I decided to build my 7Point up again and after a mix of the original and new parts, here she is, better than ever. Looking at how nicely she turned out, I am having second thoughts letting her go.

This link has more pix and specs:
    http://www.socaltrailriders.org/clas...upgrades&cat=8

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Looking good, these bikes are a blast to ride!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk3Rider
    Looking good, these bikes are a blast to ride!
    X2! Nice build too; only thing I'd change would be the pedals and brakes.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 08-13-2010 at 11:17 AM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

banned

Good job!

Just add more Pin to the Pedals; take out the threaded middles and fit those formed units. Then those put out to a side. Good start with a 7POINT.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Looks sweet man! I love mine. Could you post a pic of how you routed the rear derailluer cable on the drive train side (down by the linkage). I have had crap luck with getting it to not get pinched in between the front derailluer and the chain stay....

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G
    Looks sweet man! I love mine. Could you post a pic of how you routed the rear derailluer cable on the drive train side (down by the linkage). I have had crap luck with getting it to not get pinched in between the front derailluer and the chain stay....
    Thanks alot guys for all your comments.

Mr. G, I just routed the cable between the lower link and chain guide. There's just enough gap between the two. Then it goes thru the metal housing that nicely follows the curves of the chain stay. I haven't had any problem with this set up. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Aw that looks sweet! I love my 7Point they're like cheap bullits. You can freeride them like a beast, then bump preload and compression low and downhill with no fatigue or brake buck.
    Good Luck!
    BTW if you want a bigger fork sometime I have a 1.5" Travis that felt great on mine and that I'm not using.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdh707
    Aw that looks sweet! I love my 7Point they're like cheap bullits. You can freeride them like a beast, then bump preload and compression low and downhill with no fatigue or brake buck.
    Good Luck!
    BTW if you want a bigger fork sometime I have a 1.5" Travis that felt great on mine and that I'm not using.
    Thanks Bro but the 180 Domain is plenty for me. I just did the shim modification on it and it feels pretty nice right now.