mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Iron Horse 7 point sizing & geo

I am considering buying a used 2008 7 point size small, all stock parts. The stated top tube is 22.5" which would be long for me. My current AM 150mm FS bike has a 21.7" top tube with 70mm stem.

From reading the forums the stated geo is not accurate. What's the actual TT and head angle?

Dropshot Champ!
    I believe they measure the 6 and 7pt geo with something like a 25-35mm setback post, or something really weird like that.

So subtract and size accordingly.

Huckin' trails
    Could you just ask the seller to measure it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    I believe they measure the 6 and 7pt geo with something like a 25-35mm setback post, or something really weird like that.

So subtract and size accordingly.
    It was the 6 that was measured with the set back back seat post. I agree its weird and it makes sizing on the 6 tricky if your not going to run the 25mm set back seat post. When I had a 6 point I found my friends large to feel much better than my medium because I like to run a dropper post and that doesn't provide as much set back as the 25mm bike came with.

For the thread starter:

I'm a hair under 5'11" and have a 7 med. For me I feel like its a perfect fit.

How tall are you? It might help us out in making a recommendation.

AL