Thread: Ih Maverick Pro

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Ih Maverick Pro

IM FROM BRAZIL,

MY INGLISH IS TERRIBLE... BUT I TRY!!

BIKES MAVERICK??

ONDE ESTO MAS MAVERICKS?

MY MAVERICK, FOR MY TRAILS..... MY NEXT FRAME IS A MKIII...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Capricious youth...
    That's actually not a bad looking Maverick!

Nice bike!
    Meh.

SoCal Rider
    Apr 2008
    Definitely a nice looking Maverick.

Did you upgrade the rear shock? If so, how does the Air Shock compare to having the Coil?

btw, wuts with the fox sticker on the rockshox fork? lol

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    hey mtbikers!

Yes, I changed shox back for one fox float R, was well better and softer.

the air shock absorber is so much better, even up and confort

the rock shox tora

whats your bike PRELUDE DRIVEN ???

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    the roch shox is usefull

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    prelude driven, post photgrafy your bike..please? is a meverick too??

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

more photos

the bike its good in increases, but downgradings is not its strong... but she do it!!

My friend DH racer..warrior Dh racing... !!!

SoCal Rider
    Apr 2008
    Mine is also an Iron Horse Maverick...just a year after yours (i believe yours is a 2006), mine is a 2007 model.

I actually had an IH Hardtail, and found the full suspension frame online, brand new. Transferred all parts and upgraded others in the process.

I want to upgrade to an air shock & fork (recon?) But am debating whether to do these upgrades, or just save up for a better bike like an IH Azure or Ibex Ignition....

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

nice bike !! nice color too

youre bicicle is top, it wold be very god to by a new Bike, i like very much the Santa Cruz nomad, The Banshee Pire, or a IH mkIII or a 6point. For me those ate the best for my trails, because they are strong and they feats good for DH.. is true that the air shock give a diference, the bicicle get up easYar and down too, its more conforteble, i just wanna put the air shock.

show your bike!!!

SoCal Rider
    Apr 2008
    Thx, the MKIII is such an awesome frame but the 09 model is the last to have the DW link. Who knows what's in store for the 2010 model... The Azure is more my style, since I just ride trails, and don't do any extensive jumping. The 09 Bootleg is it's replacement, but doesn't have the DW Link suspension system. I'll have to test ride one, and if I like it, it'll be my next bike in a year or so...

Here's some more images of my bike (haven't taken any recent ones, so all of these are missing the rear derailleur and chain:

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    yeah man, yors bike is beautifull!! (my inglish is terrible)

this shock fdr in touch, hes very bad , my shock fdr, brokem on a rock garden... a 3 months of use...

your bike is very nice.... photo in action????

SoCal Rider
    Apr 2008
    Thanks man, I'm lovin it so far, but keep wanting more lol!

I want a Recon Fork and maybe a Fox Float R. Any more plans to upgrade your bike?

Do you know what the weight difference between the FDR Coil and the Fox Air shock is?

I don't have any action shots (yet)

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    man

fdr 600g+/- wheith
    fox 200g +/-

fox
    up: 30%
    dow: 50/60%
    comfort :100%

understend???

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    man ....

turner all mountain???

is best frame??

for xc agressive?

SoCal Rider
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hotton
    man ....

turner all mountain???

is best frame??

for xc agressive?
    Yup Turner's are awesome, definitely one of the best. DW's contract w/ Iron Horse is over after the 09 frames, and is continuing their relationship with Turner
    If not Turner, go for an IH MKIII.

I'm still a fan of basic lightweight frames since I'm just a trail rider

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I am f from the irony horse , because they are resistant , & the link rear , is similar the from sunday of downhill , me like of be Dow strong ,

THE turnes frame here is 3000,00 dolar... here +/- (frame)

In my bike , I put an advance of guidon shorter , tires kenda 2,35 nevegal... (what it's too much good!) seats from calypso of all mountain , guidon tioga DH task force.

the TORA it's too much good , him descente flexible tem only one good regulating of return , she secures well into the rock garden , & on raise he has only one lock into the guidon q she helps well ,

the fox float too if she leaves well on the descents & on the raises her stay firm , kindnesses the pro pedal " , may I te speak what the minha irony never me she let on hand , best cost avail. feather than she does is xl (21") , the 19" for me to be exelente,

wath the length of your frame? 19" ?

minha fdr not coped 3 months. great care!!

embraces my friend!

ops!! my bike original : marzocchi mz3 comp, wtb tires,

the marzocchi in my opnio , well better than the rock shox tora. but the tora she profits by lock into the guidon., the marzocchi damping better on going down!!! the zocchi is more swet

my translate : http://www.tranexp.com:2000/Translate/result.shtml

dirt rider
    I, too, have a Maverick (4.2). Only had a few chances to ride it before weather got cooler, leaves filled the trails, and my personal life just became too busy to ride these days.

(No action shots, as I am usually riding solo).

(Day my wife bought it for me)

SoCal Rider
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hotton
    In my bike , I put an advance of guidon shorter , tires kenda 2,35 nevegal... (what it's too much good!) seats from calypso of all mountain , guidon tioga DH task force.

the TORA it's too much good , him descente flexible tem only one good regulating of return , she secures well into the rock garden , & on raise he has only one lock into the guidon q she helps well ,

the fox float too if she leaves well on the descents & on the raises her stay firm , kindnesses the pro pedal " , may I te speak what the minha irony never me she let on hand , best cost avail. feather than she does is xl (21") , the 19" for me to be exelente,

wath the length of your frame? 19" ?
    You've got some nice upgrades to your bike as well! I normally ride a 17" frame, but this one is a small (15") and it actually has a good feel....like I can maneuver the bike better.

The Tora is a great fork and will probably be my next upgrade....either that or the recon.

Post more photos!

dirt rider
    Rode today, and the rear shock ended up coming loose and unseated itself. Anyone else have this problem? Or could it be just bad original assembly from Dick's?

SoCal Rider
    Apr 2008

Rear Shock

Quote Originally Posted by sciron4x4
    Rode today, and the rear shock ended up coming loose and unseated itself. Anyone else have this problem? Or could it be just bad original assembly from Dick's?
    I think I know what you're talking about...But I think the shock's come pre-installed from IH factory, since my frame came with it pre-installed. It's a good idea to do periodic checkups on all bolts, to avoid stuff like this from happening.

Sucks, but just another reason to convert to an air shock

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    check up for a 6 months of use... forever... rear or front

but , hard trail a check up, 4 months...

dirt rider
    Quote Originally Posted by preludedriven
    I think I know what you're talking about...But I think the shock's come pre-installed from IH factory, since my frame came with it pre-installed. It's a good idea to do periodic checkups on all bolts, to avoid stuff like this from happening.

Sucks, but just another reason to convert to an air shock
    I'll post a pic of what happened when I can. But yeah, I've always had the bad habit of "it's working now, so why check it". I'll definitely start doing periodic checkups from now on. Thanks.

SoCal Rider
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sciron4x4
    I'll post a pic of what happened when I can. But yeah, I've always had the bad habit of "it's working now, so why check it". I'll definitely start doing periodic checkups from now on. Thanks.
    Yup, it's tedious, but it'll save u cash in the long run.

Did anything break, or does it look like it's an easy fix?

dirt rider
    I ended up fixing it on the side of the trail. No biggy, just annoying that it happened in the first place.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast