Thread: Ih 6.4

Live 2 Ride
    Aug 2004

Ih 6.4

Hi! im' about to get my new 6.4 2008 . dose any one know's what's the seat post dia? i want to replace it with my Gravity d. which is 27.4
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    30.0 - good luck finding one, I think IH was about the only ones who spec'd that size! I would try a shim to fit your GD post.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Live 2 Ride
    Aug 2004

Thanks!

Thanks man, i will post some pic's next week.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086
    30.0 - good luck finding one, I think IH was about the only ones who spec'd that size! I would try a shim to fit your GD post.
    +1 on the shim.

I've been using a 27.2mm -> 30.0mm shim with several different seatposts on my MkIII. On my older, now broken, MkIII frame, the seat tube was an out of spec 30.2mm. A 27.2mm post coupled with a 27.2 -> 30.2mm shim worked perfectly. The 30.0mm posts that I tried would slip.

With regard to the Gravity Dropper, they do list a 30mm as one of the options, but I think that's achieved by use of a shim.

Live 2 Ride
    Aug 2004

will try

will know better as i will get the bike in one-two days. thanks for the advise!

Live 2 Ride
    Aug 2004

took a test ride!

Assembled the bike, took a first ride on . still adjusting to it . it's much different from my previous devinci Jalapeno , which has longer frame, But what most difficult for me was the front Chain ring which I think , bigger than usual 36(I think ). I busted my ass up hill…probably will have to increase my abilities … or change the ring … will see next - what do you think?
    Thanks all . have fun on the week-end
    Attached Images Attached Images