Thread: Ih 6.4

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Ih 6.4

Purchased a 6.4 this morning. Its a medium and ugly ass yellow but thats no big deal. Ill strip it down and have it powdercoated before I assemble it.

Kind of excited. Ill be changing a lot of stuff on it over the time to make it a very nice more high end bike. Ill change out the wheels, fork, cranks, and little odds and ends to make it more "mine"

But for 1200 shipped for a bike is a great deal. I know the naysayers will chime in about crappy company, bankrupt etc. Who cares... this is a great deal for a lot of bike.

Im going to go white on the frame I think and build it from there

Will need to add a chain guide to it... any one guide recommended in particular?

mtbr member
    Congrats on the new bike! 6 Points are awesome bikes! Especially for $1200, that's pretty crazy. And I don't think that anybody on here will say they are a crappy company, they make great products, unfortunately the upper management really screwed the pooch!

I would highly recommend the MRP G2, I've got a G2 on both of my IH's (MKIII & 7 Point) and I have no complaints whatsoever. Have fun with the bike!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I run a black spire stinger chain guide on my 7 point. It has worked flawlessly for a dual ring setup.
    Last edited by Mk3Rider; 04-19-2010 at 04:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    LRP is good for it~

glassphisheye
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasjeep
    Purchased a 6.4 this morning. Its a medium and ugly ass yellow but thats no big deal. Ill strip it down and have it powdercoated before I assemble it.

Kind of excited. Ill be changing a lot of stuff on it over the time to make it a very nice more high end bike. Ill change out the wheels, fork, cranks, and little odds and ends to make it more "mine"

But for 1200 shipped for a bike is a great deal. I know the naysayers will chime in about crappy company, bankrupt etc. Who cares... this is a great deal for a lot of bike.

Im going to go white on the frame I think and build it from there

Will need to add a chain guide to it... any one guide recommended in particular?

Well I switched from a white bike to ironhorse 6. point in yellow. I also got the same deal and decided to go for it. Speaking from experience the yellow color performs much better than the white. White is too stormtrooper while yellow smells like flowers. think about it..
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glassphisheye
    Well I switched from a white bike to ironhorse 6. point in yellow. I also got the same deal and decided to go for it. Speaking from experience the yellow color performs much better than the white. White is too stormtrooper while yellow smells like flowers. think about it..
    Well i would rather be stormtrooper then daisy smeller... HAHAHAHA

Thursday is the delivery day according to Fedex

Dropshot Champ!
    yeah that color us ugzo but those bikes are bulletproof. I've seen guys locally hit some BIG ASS JUMP/DROP/KICKERS with 6pts. they hold their own and aren't breaking like mk3's.

congrats!

plus you can always strip the frame and paint yourself

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glassphisheye
    Well i would rather be stormtrooper then daisy smeller... HAHAHAHA

Thursday is the delivery day according to Fedex