Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

IH 2009 - No DW-Link

26K views 152 replies 58 participants last post by  mbgore 
#1 ·
#102 · (Edited)
_dw said:
IH totally has the right to build bikes and sell them through 3-31-09. I think I've made that pretty clear in the past. The 3/31 date was originally intended to give IH a little breathing room for selling through 2008 stock etc.., but it's all good with me either way. If they want to update spec and graphics and sell some '09 bikes, that's in their power for sure. IH is a class act and I have no doubt that they intend to do the best things that they can for their business.

Dave
Dave,

Thank you for the clarification. :thumbsup: Makes me feel better about my recent purchase. ;)

BTW, I was referring to your post below; in THIS thread.

_dw said:
Mosty likely never, barring unforseen future developmemts.. Iron Horse's dw-link license will terminate after the 2008 model year, and I moved on from consulting on high end development work for IH in June 2007.
Dave

#105 ·
Companies generally take into consideration a certain amount of failures and have replacement parts on hand. Once they are gone & have expired the mandatory replacement parts inventory then as anything else the manufacture has the option to offer a replacement for a special price or tell you to bad. Read you warranty it's pretty well written they just leave out some of the legal wording so you dont get to scared. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

#112 ·
_dw said:
IH totally has the right to build bikes and sell them through 3-31-09. I think I've made that pretty clear in the past. The 3/31 date was originally intended to give IH a little breathing room for selling through 2008 stock etc.., but it's all good with me either way. If they want to update spec and graphics and sell some '09 bikes, that's in their power for sure. IH is a class act and I have no doubt that they intend to do the best things that they can for their business.

Dave
Does that mean on 4-1-09 any leftover DW IH bikes can be had for free?

#115 ·
Yes, there will be new DW bikes. The problem is that it takes more than that to make a great bike so if one of the better companies uses it, then we will get a well-executed, stuff, durable, and well-balanced bike. I am looking forward to 2009. I noticed that Santa Cruz and Intense have both "readied up" with their new trailbikes as well, maybe in anticipation of this? Maybe not but they sure don't want to lose much market-share in 2009. I am just DYING for interbike to show up and reveal everything already. I'm not basing my decision on the DWL but it may just show up on an already fantastic bike in a better way than any of the others. :)

#116 · (Edited)
BlueMountain said:
Yes, there will be new DW bikes. The problem is that it takes more than that to make a great bike so if one of the better companies uses it, then we will get a well-executed, stuff, durable, and well-balanced bike. I am looking forward to 2009. I noticed that Santa Cruz and Intense have both "readied up" with their new trailbikes as well, maybe in anticipation of this? Maybe not but they sure don't want to lose much market-share in 2009. I am just DYING for interbike to show up and reveal everything already. I'm not basing my decision on the DWL but it may just show up on an already fantastic bike in a better way than any of the others. :)
Well, I highly doubt that dw would sell his dw-link to a lower end bike company now. In the beginning, DW had a rep to develop. Now he has a rep to protect. Split pivot is for less devoted bike companies. IMO

#122 ·
SenorSlacker said:
So what are Iron Horse's plans for 2009? I haven't seen anything regarding the company's plan for the Azure, MKIII and Sunday. Will Iron Horse drop these lines and just focus on their department store bikes?
No one from IH is steeping into the water here to see if it's hot or cold so far it's all frozen. Only word is from DW saying there contract ends with IH in '09 this turns it into a waiting game for Joe Average to see if anything happens at I-Bike. :drumroll:

#123 ·
SenorSlacker said:
So what are Iron Horse's plans for 2009? I haven't seen anything regarding the company's plan for the Azure, MKIII and Sunday. Will Iron Horse drop these lines and just focus on their department store bikes?
They are going to buy SpecialEd and go for the all superior and the only true 4-bar :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.