young gun
    Jan 2004

hollowpoint weights

What is the weight of the hollowpoint expert/ rl expert? I'm thinking of getting one of these (the Supergo prices are in my range), and want a trail bike that I can race on as well. The rl looks good, but if the normal expert is light enough, I might go with that.

btw. Ska Todd, in the geometry, the HTA for the hollowpoints is listed at 66.5. Is this right? It seems pretty slack.

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by dannoJ
    What is the weight of the hollowpoint expert/ rl expert? I'm thinking of getting one of these (the Supergo prices are in my range), and want a trail bike that I can race on as well. The rl looks good, but if the normal expert is light enough, I might go with that.
    The Expert is about 31lb. The RL shaves about 2~2.5lbs off that with a lighter fork (Black vs Skareb), lighter wheels (Crossland vs XC717), lighter tires (2.35 Hansventure vs 1.95 Ignitors), and lighter rear shock (Swinger 3-way vs 5th Element Air).

btw. Ska Todd, in the geometry, the HTA for the hollowpoints is listed at 66.5. Is this right? It seems pretty slack.
    That is DEFINATELY not right! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The HA is 71degs.

-ska todd

young gun
    Jan 2004
    Thanks. I'm pretty light @ 115lb-ish (53 kg), so I think the RL should hold up to a bit of aggressive riding.
    Is there any difference between the OEM Skareb Elite "with SPV" to the aftermarket Skareb Platinum?

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by dannoJ
    Thanks. I'm pretty light @ 115lb-ish (53 kg), so I think the RL should hold up to a bit of aggressive riding.
    Is there any difference between the OEM Skareb Elite "with SPV" to the aftermarket Skareb Platinum?
    The Elite is a Fluid Flow damping fork, the Platinum has TPC damping. The Elite for is also 0.2lbs 'claimed weight' lighter.

-ska todd