People of zee wurl,Relax!

Hollowpoint Sport Paint Touch Up

I just bought a 2004 Hollowpoint Sport this weekend for my birthday. The bike is incredible and rides great. I rode all day sunday and noticed that the paint has worn off pretty badly in a few areas. On the head tube below the Iron Horse symbol one of the cables rubbed off the almost all the paint. Also the top tube under the cables rubbed pretty bad. I suppose I'll have to put stickers over the scratches. Does Iron Horse sell touch up paint?

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by trail topher
    I just bought a 2004 Hollowpoint Sport this weekend for my birthday. The bike is incredible and rides great. I rode all day sunday and noticed that the paint has worn off pretty badly in a few areas. On the head tube below the Iron Horse symbol one of the cables rubbed off the almost all the paint. Also the top tube under the cables rubbed pretty bad. I suppose I'll have to put stickers over the scratches. Does Iron Horse sell touch up paint?
    We do not have touch up paint available. Generally, you can find Testors model paint in colors to match Iron Horse bikes.

-ska todd

mtbr member

A trick that may help

I noticed the rear brake cable on mine is rubbing the seat tube gusset pretty raw. When I had an issue with soft luggage rubbing the paint on my motorcycle, I picked up some 3M clear protective film and fashioned a clear 'bra' in the problem areas. This is really cool stuff, can be cut to fit any location/curve, is positioned with alcohol and water, has no adhesive so it can be removed at any time, and can be polished when it gets dull. I've already stuck it under the rear brake cable, and will be doing the same in other places as I notice wear/rubbing.

Here's a link to a place that sells it in bulk. Hint: click on Shop, then Bulk Film. I bought a couple of feet of the 12" stuff and still have a lot left.

Jim