None shall pass.....

Hollowpoint RL WTB wheelset help...

I own a large Hollowpoint Expert, but it is a size too big for me so it must be sold. I want to replace it with a Hollowpoint Expert RL. I am ready to buy one, but I question the wheels.

The wheelset as listed on the site is confusing. The hubs are listed as 'WTB laserlite wheelset', but they spec with x717 disc rims. The hubs are a concern for me. WTB made a very bad hub called the laserlite. They also made a great hub under license from American Classic called the WTB laserDisc Lite. I cannot get an answer form IronHorse CS to verify and I want to pull the trigger on one soon. Anyone who knows for sure which hubs these really are, please reply.

I would also appreciate any feedback on the 5th Element shock as opposed to the Swinger three way.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time... You silly English KI-NIGGIT

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by sircrashalot
    The wheelset as listed on the site is confusing. The hubs are listed as 'WTB laserlite wheelset', but they spec with x717 disc rims. The hubs are a concern for me. WTB made a very bad hub called the laserlite. They also made a great hub under license from American Classic called the WTB laserDisc Lite. I cannot get an answer form IronHorse CS to verify and I want to pull the trigger on one soon. Anyone who knows for sure which hubs these really are, please reply.
    The stock hubs are the American Classic type hubs. They are definately pretty trick!

I would also appreciate any feedback on the 5th Element shock as opposed to the Swinger three way.
    The 5th Air shock is very similar to the Swinger 3-way air but a bit lighter. Set-up on the two units is pretty similar.

-ska todd

None shall pass.....

Thanks ska todd, one more question

The 5th Air shock is very similar to the Swinger 3-way air but a bit lighter. Set-up on the two units is pretty similar.
    -ska todd[/QUOTE]

Reviews on the 5th are iffy. Not from a performance standpoint, but failure rate. Any idea if the shock on the RL has had the problems that seem to plague the 5th air review section?

Thanks,

Mike
    Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time... You silly English KI-NIGGIT

Industry Loudmouth
    Reviews on the 5th are iffy. Not from a performance standpoint, but failure rate. Any idea if the shock on the RL has had the problems that seem to plague the 5th air review section?
    It seems more of the earlier 5th Airs had some problems than the newer ones. Because the dw-link design allows you to run such low IFP pressures, you will not be as susceptible to these issues.

-ska todd