mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Hollowpoint Expert vs. Sport

I had my mind made up I was going to get a medium Hollowpoint Expert yesterday and then I took a look at the Sport. We are talking about a $400 price difference at Supergo. For an aggressive 195 lb. rider, is it worth the extra $400. Are the components on the Expert lighter, more durable, better performing? I'm guessing a little of all three mentioned. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

mtbjk
    [QUOTE=Curley]I had my mind made up I was going to get a medium Hollowpoint Expert yesterday and then I took a look at the Sport. We are talking about a $400 price difference at Supergo. For an aggressive 195 lb. rider, is it worth the extra $400. Are the components on the Expert lighter, more durable, better performing? I'm guessing a little of all three mentioned. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE

your right but adjustible travel nearly an inch and a quarter more also all the easton hardware and better suspension both front and rear better wheels and tires pedals and my faverite the hydrolic disk well over the $400 price differance go with your initial instinct and you will be happy

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Yeah, while both offer outstanding value, the Expert gets the "bang-for-the-buck" award. The fork and rear shock alone make up the difference in price you're looking at.

If you're in a pinch and can't justify spending the extra $400, I'm sure you'll be perfectly happy with the Sport and what it offers. But if you can swing it, as Jan pointed out, those extra bucks go a long way towards getting you a nicer, lighter component mix, more competent stoppers, and a few more options in your suspension adjustments.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Thanks for the input

Just ordered the Expert. Can't wait!