mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Hollowpoint expert broke seat tube

After only 150 miles, my Hollowpoint Expert broke 1.5 inches above the front derailleur clamp on the seat tube. Was riding some relatively tame singletrack. Anyone out there have a similar experience? Or any experience with Iron Horse warranty department? Any input would be appreciated.

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by flybarry
    After only 150 miles, my Hollowpoint Expert broke 1.5 inches above the front derailleur clamp on the seat tube. Was riding some relatively tame singletrack. Anyone out there have a similar experience? Or any experience with Iron Horse warranty department? Any input would be appreciated.
    Whoa nelly! Drop Bruce at Iron Horse warranty (800-645-5477 ext 209) a call. He'll get you rolling again asap!

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Exact same thing happened to me

IH took extremely good care of me, basically sent my old frame and as soon as they received it, sent me a new one.

I am extremely happy with CS, and hope this was only a bad batch...

Maurice

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Must be a timing issue

I just found my seat tube was cracked. Working with the guys at Supergo where I bought it. Not impressed so far, lets see what happens.

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaminPHX
    I just found my seat tube was cracked. Working with the guys at Supergo where I bought it. Not impressed so far, lets see what happens.
    Adam,

If you are having probs w/ the dealer you are working through please contact Bruce in Iron Horse warranty at 800-645-5477 ext 209. We'll do our best to get you back on the trail asap.

-ska todd

No Skills Whatsoever
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd
    Adam,

If you are having probs w/ the dealer you are working through please contact Bruce in Iron Horse warranty at 800-645-5477 ext 209. We'll do our best to get you back on the trail asap.

-ska todd
    Todd, what's with all the cracked seat tubes? Bad welds? Bad batch?

Kevin

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckleslammer
    Todd, what's with all the cracked seat tubes? Bad welds? Bad batch?
    Hasn't been a huge problem. Team guys rocked them all year w/o a single problem. I think it could simply be a couple bad apples in the bunch. We made a ton of these bikes last season and have seen only a slim percentage back for any type of issues.

-ska todd

what...?
    Hasn't been a huge problem. Team guys rocked them all year w/o a single problem. I think it could simply be a couple bad apples in the bunch. We made a ton of these bikes last season and have seen only a slim percentage back for any type of issues.

-ska todd
    Hey man -
    One of our local dudes has just cracked his 3rd frame in 3 months, JRA. I'm sure you know who it is, but I won't say on this public forum.
    Be at RP on Saturday morning, 7am.

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtbkr
    Hey man -
    Be at RP on Saturday morning, 7am.
    No dirt riding for me until May Still recovering from the nasty fall. Sticking to the roadie thing till then.

ps...Is RP even open yet? It was closed when I drove by last Sunday.

-ska todd

what...?
    WOW - didn't know you were hurt that bad! heal quick!
    Big ride tomorrow morning - trail finally open and EVERYONE will be there!

jeff

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtbkr
    WOW - didn't know you were hurt that bad! heal quick!
    Big ride tomorrow morning - trail finally open and EVERYONE will be there!
    Ya I jacked myself up pretty good. I did a fracture-dislocation of my left ankle. It's all pinned back together but I'm taking it easy so I can actually race some DH this year.

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Top Notch Customer Service

Whoa nelly! Drop Bruce at Iron Horse warranty (800-645-5477 ext 209) a call. He'll get you rolling again asap!

-ska todd
    Just want to let everyone know that I have my Hollowpoint back. Bruce was bar none the best person I have ever dealt with regarding warranty on ANYTHING! He always replied in a timely manner to my e-mails and telephone calls. My broke frame has been replaced and I'm out riding again. Kudos to the people at IH, you have yourself a loyal rider and customer in me

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by flybarry
    Just want to let everyone know that I have my Hollowpoint back. Bruce was bar none the best person I have ever dealt with regarding warranty on ANYTHING! He always replied in a timely manner to my e-mails and telephone calls. My broke frame has been replaced and I'm out riding again. Kudos to the people at IH, you have yourself a loyal rider and customer in me
    Barry,

Thanks man! Glad we could help you out. Have fun on the bike.

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Upset Disappointed

Doing what I thought was the right thing I went through Supergo (where I bought the bike)to handle the warrantee issue on my Hollowpoint Team. After two months of waiting, not only was the wrong sized frame received, but the frame had a huge gash on the side of the rear triangle. Supergo told me if I wanted a frame w/o a gash I would have to buy a new frame. I was also told I would be getting a 2004 Team replacement, but the frame seems to be black w/o a designation that it is a Team frame. The Ironhorse website shows that the 2004 Team is white. Either the replacement is a second or there is a problem with Supergo. They are trying to get me the right sized frame this week, but I won't believe it until I see it.

I realize that Supergo is a good mass merchandiser for your product due to their turnover, but you may want to consider the bad name they are giving Ironhorse.

BTW, I did call Bruce and never heard back from him.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I can't speak for Supergo but it sounds like they're trying to give you the shaft. Bruce sent me my frame back the same day he received the broken one. Did you or Supergo strip it ? If it's the latter...

It doesn't sound like Bruce either, he's been very responsive and patient every time I had stupid questions to ask him. Keep calling, it's easy to overlook VMs.

My replacement frame indeed says "Team" on it, but for what it's worth, they're all the same. And I like the dark grey better. The replacement frame has been to hell and back and is holding up quite well (just jinxed myself...).

Good luck,

Maurice

Doing what I thought was the right thing I went through Supergo (where I bought the bike)to handle the warrantee issue on my Hollowpoint Team. After two months of waiting, not only was the wrong sized frame received, but the frame had a huge gash on the side of the rear triangle. Supergo told me if I wanted a frame w/o a gash I would have to buy a new frame. I was also told I would be getting a 2004 Team replacement, but the frame seems to be black w/o a designation that it is a Team frame. The Ironhorse website shows that the 2004 Team is white. Either the replacement is a second or there is a problem with Supergo. They are trying to get me the right sized frame this week, but I won't believe it until I see it.

I realize that Supergo is a good mass merchandiser for your product due to their turnover, but you may want to consider the bad name they are giving Ironhorse.

BTW, I did call Bruce and never heard back from him.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I had a problem with getting any service from supergo & ironhorse a several months back.I also contacted bruce but through email. He told me that he would ouote[ have to work the problem ] I never heard back so I emailed him again but he never replied back.So I had a new bushing made myself for my brand new bike that was suppose to be under warranty ! It looks like he really didnt care about my problem which is to bad because the only weakness I can find in the bike is the service behind it

Industry Loudmouth
    Sorry for the delayed response but i was at Mt. Snow the last few days!

Doing what I thought was the right thing I went through Supergo (where I bought the bike)to handle the warrantee issue on my Hollowpoint Team... I was also told I would be getting a 2004 Team replacement, but the frame seems to be black w/o a designation that it is a Team frame. The Ironhorse website shows that the 2004 Team is white...
    Working through your dealer or any IBD is the proper way to handle a warranty claim with us. If under extreme circumstances you are not getting the proper service through a dealer you can call us direct and we will work our best to solve your problem or answer your questions.

For warranty frames, we bring in all frames in a basic color that will match almost all of the different swingarms and front triangles out there. For this season the choice was gloss black. We felt this best matched all 2002-2004 Hollowpoint front and rear triangle colors and no body would be stuck with an ugly duckling bike in the case of warranty. These frames are in no way rejects, 2nds, etc. They are just warranty frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice
    It doesn't sound like Bruce either, he's been very responsive and patient every time I had stupid questions to ask him. Keep calling, it's easy to overlook VMs.
    Like Maurice said, feel free to call us up. If you are having a problem that is not being handled call me direct at ext 206 and I'll see to it that it gets handled!

Quote Originally Posted by lo gear
    I had a problem with getting any service from supergo & ironhorse a several months back.I also contacted bruce but through email. He told me that he would ouote[ have to work the problem ] I never heard back so I emailed him again but he never replied back.So I had a new bushing made myself for my brand new bike that was suppose to be under warranty ! It looks like he really didnt care about my problem which is to bad because the only weakness I can find in the bike is the service behind it
    Lo, drop me a line and I'll get you the part...ext 206 or todds @ ironhorsebikes.com

-ska todd