mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Good job! Hollowpoint Expert '04 warranty issue

Hi guys,

My story starts with a crack at the top of my rear traingle (see attached picture). I e-mailed Ironhorse but it's always better to call over the phone. They gave the phone to the local representative that will help me with my warranty issued.

My bike has 4 years of use but this wasn't a problem. After sending pictures and some phone calls with the local representative IH approved the replacement of the part. The new rear triangle is gloss black and exactly the same. It even came with the two top bearings. My bike is currently at my LBS for installation of the new part.

The only concern that both my LBS and I found was for the shipping cost of the part. It came in a cartoon box (the size of the triangle) but over a wood pallet! That was the only thing that came in that pallet. I had to pay $74 (UPS) for the delivery plus the service fee to my LBS (which I understand is Ok).

Everything else was just perfect. I'll just suggest that IH shipping dept should check their methods and adjust them depending on weight and size. It would benefit both IH and us.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Erwin [PR]
    IH Hollowpoint Expert-04
    Yauco, PR

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have the same thing happening to my '04. Does a crack at that point/location really matter as it seems ancillary and non-weight or torque bearing????