mtbr member

Hansventure tires

I absolutely love these tires. Unfortunetly the ones I have are worn down. I am looking to get a new set of tires. So far I have purchased the pythons (2.0) and nokian NBXs (2.3). I was not a fan of either. I just ordered some Maxxis Mobster tires (2.35). Does anyone have any other recommendations? Weight is not a huge issue for me. I would get another pair of Hans tires, but the cheapest I have found them is $60/pop for the slow reezy compound. Also I would love to know if any of you have tried the Werewolf 2.5s.

Please don't respond if you did not like the Hanz tires.

Thanks

-Mike

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by skibud2
    I absolutely love these tires. Unfortunetly the ones I have are worn down. I am looking to get a new set of tires. So far I have purchased the pythons (2.0) and nokian NBXs (2.3). I was not a fan of either. I just ordered some Maxxis Mobster tires (2.35). Does anyone have any other recommendations? Weight is not a huge issue for me. I would get another pair of Hans tires, but the cheapest I have found them is $60/pop for the slow reezy compound. Also I would love to know if any of you have tried the Werewolf 2.5s.

Please don't respond if you did not like the Hanz tires.

Thanks

-Mike
    Just for fun, I put on a pair of the Weirwolf 2.5's on my Hardtail {before I got my HP}. They are big, knobby and somewhat heavy {make sure you have the frame clearance all the way around}, probably more for DH than Cross country or general trail use. The weight goes up even further with the use of a DH tube. I could never find anything else in the 2.5 size. So if you really don't care about weight, knock yourself out on a uphill grind. I know I did. But they are a good tire in the appropiate environment. I think they also come in a 2.25 which is what I wish I had gone with. After those, I tried some WTB Muntano Raptors. I really like these. In fact, I just swithched the Hansventures that came with the HP for the WTB's. I also felt the WTB Velociraptors were a descent tire. All this IMHO.