digs bikes
    Jun 2004

freeriding ability of hp expert?

I was just wondering what kind of freeriding the hollowpoint expert can handle. I tend to do mostly xc, but I also like to mess around with some urban assault riding. Before I killed my hardtail, I was doing 4 foot drops to concrete, and I was working my way up- could the hp do upwards of 4' drops to concrete (I figure I'll stop at 5-6 feet) without serious risk of damage? I have a feeling the answer is no, but it's worth a shot.

digs bikes
    Jun 2004
    oh, I guess you should probably know I weigh around 145 lbs

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunge
    I was just wondering what kind of freeriding the hollowpoint expert can handle. I tend to do mostly xc, but I also like to mess around with some urban assault riding. Before I killed my hardtail, I was doing 4 foot drops to concrete, and I was working my way up- could the hp do upwards of 4' drops to concrete (I figure I'll stop at 5-6 feet) without serious risk of damage? I have a feeling the answer is no, but it's worth a shot.
    Drops to flats (especially on concrete where the ground doesn't absorb the impact) on any bike are harsh.

digs bikes
    Jun 2004
    hah I know, I'm just worried that I'd break the bike (especially the rear suspension). I have no idea how a fs bike will hold up under that kind of abuse. I'm used to getting the crap jarred out of me, so comfort isn't an issue.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunge
    hah I know, I'm just worried that I'd break the bike (especially the rear suspension). I have no idea how a fs bike will hold up under that kind of abuse. I'm used to getting the crap jarred out of me, so comfort isn't an issue.
    try asking knuckleslammer, he truned his hp into a freeride bike

here's the thread Check this bad boy out.

Industry Loudmouth
    The Hollowpoint series is NOT designed or intended for freeriding, hucking, jumping, urban, or skatepark riding. The Hollowpoint is an aggressive XC/trail bike. It can take the drops and chutes etc commonly found on a typical hard XC ride but not big stunts, hucks, or dirt jumps.

-ska todd