OB1
    mtbr member

Dr Jekyll(downhill) and Mr Hyde(freeride)

It occurs to me, that my Sunday WC should be able to handle freeride just fine with suspension tuning. Problem is, I've never even touched suspension. Seems a waste since I have a nice bike work stand and all kinds of tools. Is there enough external adjustment on an 05 Sunday WC to set it up for Dr Jekyll one day....and Mr Hyde the next????

Dr Jekyll= Snowshoe and Wilson Creek.
    Mr Hyde= up to 12' drops(I'm skurd), dirt jumping.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    As long as you don't mind climbing on a 1x9 drivetrain. The Sunday, she ain't got no front derailleur... I don't know what your local terrain is like, but for me that's a deal-breaker for freeriding. Not to mention the long frame and slack HA.

JMH

Capricious youth...
    I ride my 45lb. 7point with a 1x9. 36t in the front, 11-32 in the back.

And yes, it sucks.

But it's doable.

OB1
    mtbr member
    Yeah, I dropped my front ring to make the 1-9 work. Uphills are for daydreaming, but downhill is when the fun starts. That's where I don't want to be handicapped. It sounds to me like I might be more happy with something like a bottle rocket for the mixed riding I do. I'm still learning about this mtb thing.

RFKA Coldsnap
    May 2005
    Why not consider a 7Point? It's essentially the same concept, suspension-wise, as the Sunday but with slightly steeper head angle and the ability to run a double ring up front. I don't want to sound like some sort of 7Point evangelist but I ride Snowshoe several times a year for 3-4 days at a pop and my 7Point is plenty for that mountain.

It's all in the build anyways. If you're willing to live with a singlecrown fork like a 66 or Totem then it'll be just fine for DH. Frankly I like the feel of doublecrowns which is why I swapped my 7Point's 66 for a 888 last season. But my point is, a 7Point can be jsut about whatever you want it to be.
    [SIZE=1]EXTREEM MEDIUM MOUNTAINSTYLE SLOPCROSS STEEDS:
    '06 Iron Horse 7Point3 w/888RC + Roco
    '05 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc FR-Pimped
    '92 Specialized HardRock Pink-Retro-XC-Pimped[/SIZE]