mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Crunch sound on BB: damage bottom bracket...warranty?

Hi guys!

Finally I got my BBT-8 tool from Performance. But before I removed the bottom bracket I decided to move the spindle by hand as recommended by some of you. And... the results were terrible!!! The bottom bracket felt like it has a ton of sand inside of it. Doesn't spins smoothly and it even stucks on some areas. I send an e-mail to Iron Horse but.. does this part has any warranty? The bike is just 4 month old and less than 200 miles on it.

Well... I will wait for the Iron Horse guys. I will post their response later.

Erwin
    Yauco, PR

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I wouldn't worry too much about this. From the posts I've read here, IH will honor the warranty on the BB. Their customer service and hassle free warranty was one of the factors why I purchased my Hollowpoint a month ago.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwin

Hi guys!

Finally I got my BBT-8 tool from Performance. But before I removed the bottom bracket I decided to move the spindle by hand as recommended by some of you. And... the results were terrible!!! The bottom bracket felt like it has a ton of sand inside of it. Doesn't spins smoothly and it even stucks on some areas. I send an e-mail to Iron Horse but.. does this part has any warranty? The bike is just 4 month old and less than 200 miles on it.

Well... I will wait for the Iron Horse guys. I will post their response later.

Erwin
    Yauco, PR
    Most parts other then the frames have a one year warranty on them. Usually you don't get them warrantied through Iron Horse though (or any other bike company for that matter) but through the respective part maker or your LBS. Anyway a new BB is worth something like 20$ so I would not worry about it too much.

Industry Loudmouth
    Etal is correct. Most parts warranties will go direct to the mfgr of the part. It's faster service this way. If your dealer runs into a problem getting a part warrantied they can call us and we'll help out.

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Ironhorse will respond for the BB

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your comments. I just received an e-mail from Ironhorse and they will send the replacement. The only requirement is to get it installed by a Bike Shop which is ok with me. They will send the BB directly to my bike shop. I will have to pay for the installation but they have all the required tools (specially the torque one).

Great bike and great Customer Service!! This is like a Dell Computer

Regards,

Erwin
    Yauco, PR

Industry Loudmouth
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwin
    Great bike and great Customer Service!! This is like a Dell Computer
    Except not outsourced to India

-ska todd

Riding a Rig.
    lmao. nice. "Is your computer plugged in, this is much common mistake"