mtbr member
    Mar 2008

changed tires on 6point6-juicy fives misalligned

Hi, I just changed tires on my 6point, didn't touch the breaks, when I put the wheels back on, I'm getting a ridiculous amount of rotor drag. I haven't touched the breaks and it looks like everything is straight and alligned as far as wheel install is concerned.
    I've then tried readjusting them, trial and error basically but can't get them to what they once was, still dragging. Do I need to bleed them? Is there anything I'm not seeing, I've tried every bolt and screw on the breaks and got them to the point where they're worse than when I started.

I might just need some help from a more experienced tech... please help, if I have to I'll bring it to a shop, how much is it to adjust breaks?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by F1000Dale
    Hi, I just changed tires on my 6point, didn't touch the breaks, when I put the wheels back on, I'm getting a ridiculous amount of rotor drag. I haven't touched the breaks and it looks like everything is straight and alligned as far as wheel install is concerned.
    I've then tried readjusting them, trial and error basically but can't get them to what they once was, still dragging. Do I need to bleed them? Is there anything I'm not seeing, I've tried every bolt and screw on the breaks and got them to the point where they're worse than when I started.

I might just need some help from a more experienced tech... please help, if I have to I'll bring it to a shop, how much is it to adjust breaks?
    If it's your rear wheel, make sure that the axle is properly seated in the drop outs.

mtbr member
    Loosen off the CPS bolts, there the ones with all of the washers, just enough so that the caliper moves easily. Then squeeze the brake a few times and then hold the brake on while you tighten the bolts. This should center the caliper and eliminate the drag, but if that doesn't work throw a pad spacer in the caliper and then try again. If that still doesn't work then you must have pulled the lever without the tire on and you may need them bled.