mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Blackspire ISCG 05 guide not fitting 6point. Please help.

I've got Blackspire Stinger. As mentioned above it's an 05 ISCG mount. I've seen these guides on other 6Points but mine won't fit.

First, one of the guide screws hits the lower suspension linkage on the backside and therefore can't screw down all the way. I'm guessing I'll just have to find a super short replacement screw. Is that what the rest of you do?

2nd, and more importantly, if i just use the 2 screws that do screw down all the way to hold the guide on to check for fitment (not that I would ride like that), then my smallest front gear on the crankset presses up against the guide. It's so bad that if you tighten down the crank bolt, you can't even turn the crank.

FYI, I'm using an 83mm howitzer BB, and a big earl crankset. The BB is using one (2mm?) spacer on the drive side, which is in accordance with the instructions.

Anyone experience this? Solutions? Suggestions? Also, the guide came with three little flat washers, any idea for those are for? Spacing out the backside of the guide? They're not for the screws because the screws have tapered heads so that they sink down into the guide plate and sit flush, this would not happen if using the washers.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    1st, trim the bolt length down on that bolt that hits the linkage, i used a bench grinder.

2nd, you need to adjust the spacers on your crankset bottom bracket so the small chain ring doesn't hit. Use two spacers on drive side and non on non-driveside.

3rd, I am drunk off my ass right now... lol

4th, I run an 08 7 point w/ a blackspire stinger

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    You may have bent the mounting tab outward when you tightened the screw that was hitting the linkage. Make sure you gently bend it back in before mounting it again. I had the same problem.

mtbr member
    Welcome to the club. The Stinger is thicker than most and causes all kinds of headaches even WITH spacers. I had to go to a DS from E13 and problem solved!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

banned
    My e.thirteen DRS fit without mods.