mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Bent shock pin on 6point

My upper shock pin looks bent. Can't get it out at all. It is seized in there big time and I can see that it is literally bent between the linkage. Any ideas on how to get it out? Any places to get replacement hardware other than Enduro's needle bearing kit? My buddy has a set and it has slop in it.

mtbr member
    Take out that cross brace support bolt on the swingarm behind the shock mount bolt and use a punch with a BFH or cut it off with a dremel tool. Make sure you're using the right i2i shock and pony up for the Enduro kit on that upper bolt - it is worth every penny.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Here is another option for replacement hardware. This kit comes with all the replacement bolts and stock bearings. I ordered mine and received it about 5 days later; now only 4 sets left.

Iron Horse Pivot Kit for 6/7 Point 2007-2009

bikeaholic
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    Take out that cross brace support bolt on the swingarm behind the shock mount bolt and use a punch with a BFH or cut it off with a dremel tool. Make sure you're using the right i2i shock and pony up for the Enduro kit on that upper bolt - it is worth every penny.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Do these needle bearing kits take the play out? I have a tiny bit of play in the shock and I'm not sure if it's coming from the top or the bottom bolt.

It's $43 for the kit, so hopefully it will take the play out.

mtbr member
    It should but don't fret over a small amount of play. The RWC kit now comes with 2 different size inner rings so you can adjust for the amount of play.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!