mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Azure World Cup Frame weight ??

Anyone have the weight of a Azure frame only ? Looking to build up a new FS for this race season and the DW link looks very promising ! I am a weight weenie and really would like to know the weight of a 19" or 21" frame Thanks for the help !!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Cycle
    Anyone have the weight of a Azure frame only ? Looking to build up a new FS for this race season and the DW link looks very promising ! I am a weight weenie and really would like to know the weight of a 19" or 21" frame Thanks for the help !!
    I don't know exact weights but it's not a weight weenie frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    I don't know exact weights but it's not a weight weenie frame.
    They market the World Cup Model with full XTR as their full on XC race bike being the "pinnacle of light weight, short travel suspension design" so it should be under 6 lbs I'm hopeing that it's around 5 1/2 lbs.

Industry Loudmouth
    The frame is approx 6lbs.

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd
    The frame is approx 6lbs.

-ska todd
    Does that mean it's a hair over 6 for the smallest model? Either way, it's not a weight weenie frame; of course it pedals much lighter and more efficiently than any frame, weight notwithstanding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

my wc large weighs 26 with pedals and rides lighter

zep
    mtbr member

17" Expert is 6.3#s

Just a data-point (which you've probably seen via search--sorry):

My 17" Azure expert frame weighs 6.3 pounds, with shock, seatpost collar and derailleur hanger, on a digital scale.

Not a weight-weenie frame, but I've no complaints.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

I called ...

Quote Originally Posted by zep
    Just a data-point (which you've probably seen via search--sorry):

My 17" Azure expert frame weighs 6.3 pounds, with shock, seatpost collar and derailleur hanger, on a digital scale.

Not a weight-weenie frame, but I've no complaints.

Ironhorse today and they said that they weighed a 19" on some type of hanging scale and it weighed 5.5 lbs I figured that was to good to be true yours at 6.3 seems alot more realistic ! what model year is your Azure? How do you like it ? How does the rear ramp up, is it progressive or more linear rate ? are you getting the 3.5 inches in travel, it seems to have gone from 3 to 3.5 without any changes in the rear end ?? Thanks for the help
    as this frame along with a Titus Racer X are my final picks , just trying to get all the facts before I make a decision.

zep
    mtbr member
    Ironhorse today and they said that they weighed a 19" on some type of hanging scale and it weighed 5.5 lbs I figured that was to good to be true yours at 6.3 seems alot more realistic ! what model year is your Azure? How do you like it ? How does the rear ramp up, is it progressive or more linear rate ? are you getting the 3.5 inches in travel, it seems to have gone from 3 to 3.5 without any changes in the rear end ?? Thanks for the help
    as this frame along with a Titus Racer X are my final picks , just trying to get all the facts before I make a decision.
    Well, I don't doubt that the World Cup frame, with lighter pipes and an anodized finish, is less weight than the Expert. Must be some very, very light pipes, if it (the WC frame) is 12 oz lighter, for a 17" size...but what do I know?
    Anyway, if you search on "Azure" in this forum, you will find my Azure ride report. I remain impressed with the ride of this frame.
    On rides with 'normal' XC terrain, I see nearly full suspension travel (~85%), with the set the sag at ~25%. I considered buying a Racer X, (I own a Titus SB--great bike), but after owning a 2004 Iron Horse Hollow Point, I was most interested in trying an XC-variant of the DW link. No complaints.