Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Azure Pics, Let's See some!

7K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  NJ-XC-Justin 
#1 ·
I don't see a thread for any Azure pics. I'd like to see some of your steeds, especially the Yellow/Green '06 Comps.

#28 ·
friendofpugs said:
Here's my 06' Comp. I got it off of eBay for $711 and it had only 31 miles on it! Of course, since I saved some coin I put on a set of Magura Louise BAT Carbons w/ Venti discs - the bike bling is a little much but I love how it matches the red suspension piece. Full bike
Front bike
$711 how the hell did you do that! Ebay dosent work like that for me. What a deal, I paid $1100 last season.

#29 ·
RockadileSX said:
$711 how the hell did you do that! Ebay dosent work like that for me. What a deal, I paid $1100 last season.
I've found that with ebay you just have to be patient and wait. The best part was is that it turned out to be a local pick up and the guy originally bought it at my local Performance store. I dunno, I got lucky. :) I was watching the auction like a hawk, fearing a sniper would swoop in at the last minute. It might have something to do with the fact that the Azure only has 3.5 inches in the back, and I think most people are going for 4+ these days. I've been nothing but pleased with it, though I'm a little bummed that IH will no longer make dw-link bikes. :confused:

#34 ·
RockStarRacing said:
24 pounds? thats the lightest azure ive seen, whats the spec list?
It's a small frame
wheels are stan arch with king hubs
Conti Mountain king 2.2
Kenda SB 8
headset stock
stem syntace f99 90mm
Easton sl riser
Reba race
sram XO shifter and rear derailleur
Formula oro puro disc 160 F &R
XT front derailleur
xtr 970 cranset
hope BB
seatpost is Thomsom 330 mm
sella slr xc

I'm sure if wanted i could take it to <24 with useless tires, going 1x9, lighter seat, getting a new sid or r7 or durin,

#35 ·
I'm at 27 with a 780g front tire, reba SL, RF evolve crank (middle ring only) and Hayes 9 brakes. Upgrade those 4 items and I'm around 25 (17" frame). Need to round up some cake first.

Though I will say the rougher trails I've been riding recently don't reward lightness as much as they reward bigger bikes. I'd probably actually do better on my trails with a 30 lb 5 inch bike or even a 33 lb 6.5 inch bike. But I race XC so this bike is a good split between the two worlds.

RML said:
It's a small frame
wheels are stan arch with king hubs
Conti Mountain king 2.2
Kenda SB 8
headset stock
stem syntace f99 90mm
Easton sl riser
Reba race
sram XO shifter and rear derailleur
Formula oro puro disc 160 F &R
XT front derailleur
xtr 970 cranset
hope BB
seatpost is Thomsom 330 mm
sella slr xc

I'm sure if wanted i could take it to <24 with useless tires, going 1x9, lighter seat, getting a new sid or r7 or durin,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.