gpa
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Azure Expert 08 experiences

i am considering to get an Azure Expert 08 model. Can fellow riders share your feedback and experience on this bike with its dwlink technology. i am currently riding a hardtail and looking for my first full suspension bike.

mtbr member
    THere's a lot of feedback on these, just search *azure*.
    I've been riding one for a few years and it is holding up well.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    The azure is an awsome bike i have been riding one for about 6 months now. It is a very fast XC bike. the frame hasnt changed since 2005 so there are a lot of parts available for it as well.

Work Hard, Play Harder
    The Azure is very fast bike like stated above..i have an 19" 06 model which is a pleasure to ride even on climbs..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

LOVE it

Love mine to death

a few caveats
    -Really light wheels help the bike shine
    -Need to balance the front fork with the rear shock. For example, I run a SPV minute fork with a Progressive shock. Both with a little bit of platform.
    -really need to spend a time dialing in the sag and rebound. try lots of options
    -It likes to climb in the middle ring. I've found it better to stay in middle ring and pedal heavier gear than to change to granny.

Don't be scared by the heavier weight when compared to other bikes. Lighten up some major components and it will ride much lighter than it is.

Personally I sized up and went to a short stem. The sizing on these seems to be a short top tube when compared to other manufacturers.
    My training BLOG

training BLOG for a regular joe Married w/ children, Full time Job, No Genetic talent, wanna-be mountain bike racer

Morris Training Primer