mtbr member

Azure advice!? **PICS**

Hey guys new here and I got the bug for mountain biking, just completely thrashed my wal mart special mongoose , so now that i know i'm into the sport i want to step up to something a little better ..I dont have allot of money to spend but i found a good deal on a 2007 Iron Horse Azure Sport, just went to check it out today and the guys son literally rode it twice and hung it up..not one scratch on it, looks really clean. I took it for a test ride and everything was working properly..

I'm looking to primarily ride XC but would also like to hit some smaller jumps and some rougher terrain from now and then(little all mountain and downhill). Will this bike be ok for me? will i end up wanting to buy another bike in a year or so? Is this bike worth upgrading? sorry for all the newb questions..TIA!!

here is some pics

Last edited by joeynational; 02-11-2011 at 12:37 PM.

mtbr member
    one more

banned
    Uhhh... don't jump the bike. It was made for sprinting, climbing, and going fast on trail. The next model up, the MarkIII, was made to soak-up more trail with an inch-and-a-half more travel. It was no jumper also.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    hi joeynational,

like uncle jemima said .......

the azure is a good bike, and fun to ride. i have an azure comp and a mkiii. a bit
    different bikes, but both do what they were intended to do well, and are a blast
    to ride !!! ..... and sounds like you are getting a very good price .
    have fun
    peterv

mtbr member
    thanks for the info, i dont plan on jumping it all the time i just want the bike to be able to handle it if im on a trail and i spot a small jump, is this bike worth upgrading components?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I've owned this bike, Love the DW but keep an eye on the upper pivot area on frame, I've had two crack here.

How much is he asking for the Azure?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    damn that sux...$475

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The good thing is I seem to be the only one to post about a crack in this area, I'd see if you could knock him down another hundred or so, it is a 4yr old bike. The last frame crack I had welded 11/2 yrs ago and is still trouble free, if you can get it for under 400.00 and it's the correct size I'd buy it, looks very clean.

Good Luck

mtbr member
    yeah i actually offered him $400, no reply so i guess this bike is out of the question now for me

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    He may come around, he most likely paid around $900 for it, $400 is fair.