mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Anyone tried offset shock bushings on a MkIII?

Successfully slackened the head angle on my 2009 MkIII with a -1.5 degree Works Components angled headset, feels great, but I would like to try even moar slackness , also bringing down the BB a bit seems like a good idea.

Anyone experimented with offset shock bushings, and if so, how much difference did it make?

GAME ON!
    i didn't do it on an mkiii but i used them on my turner with great success. they gave me 1.5 degrees less. you'd likely get another degree.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I used a Enduro External Headset to slacken my MKIII. It raises the front 15 mm. I think I'd try the offset shock bushings first. Mine feels pretty tall now.
    enduroforkseals dot com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexorama View Post
    I used a Enduro External Headset to slacken my MKIII. It raises the front 15 mm. I think I'd try the offset shock bushings first. Mine feels pretty tall now.
    enduroforkseals dot com
    I did the Enduro externalizer too on my 6 Point and agree - makes the bike too tall. I like low and slack so may have to look into these. I'm guessing you'd need custom mounting bolts with these?

Have FUN!

G
    Last edited by Gman086; 05-19-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr remember
    I'm interested in more info for these as well. Anyone have photos?
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I just bought offset shock bushing for my Anthem 29er, it only uses one bushing so I am expecting 3/4 to 1 degree change. It should be perfect with a 120mm fork. I got a steel one from the polish guy on ebay for $22 to try it out. It looks promising. It would be very worth trying on a MK III, I might try it on mine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Done dilly! Just got my bushings from offsetbushings.com, since the shock got 10mm hardware, the bushings just creates a few mm's offset, around 3 i think, but still its a noticeable difference for the better. My sweet bike just got even sweeter!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by arka View Post
    Successfully slackened the head angle on my 2009 MkIII with a -1.5 degree Works Components angled headset, feels great, but I would like to try even moar slackness , also bringing down the BB a bit seems like a good idea.

Anyone experimented with offset shock bushings, and if so, how much difference did it make?
    Hi,

I have slackened with the same headset but now i am a bit scary because I īve heard that the head tube could brake because of the stress.Is that possible or it sis a strong frame?.My fork is 140mm White Brothers Fluid.

Regards