mtbr member

Anyone replace their hansventure tires

Has anyone replaced their hansventure tires with another model. I personally love my hans tires, but I cannot find a decent price on them. I tried replacing them with some nokian NBXs, but they don't even compare. I have been considering either a mobster or high-roller tire as a replacement. I just want to be careful before I drop another 100 dollars.

Thanks for any insight in advance.

-Mike

mtbr member
    I don't know where you're riding, but here in dry dusty SoCal, the Panaracer Fire XC are considered one of the better choices. I've got a set hanging in my rafters for when I wear out the Hansventures.

Jim

mtbr member
    I am riding in the north east.. We have lots of rocks, roots and ocassionally mud. The hansventure tires work great. I am just trying to find another model that works just as good.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by skibud2
    I am riding in the north east.. We have lots of rocks, roots and ocassionally mud. The hansventure tires work great. I am just trying to find another model that works just as good.
    I'd love to find something that works as well as the Hansventure and is lighter...

mtbr member
    Just don't go down the same root I did. First I tried the hutchinson pythons (480 g)-- god those su_ked. Then I tried the Nokian NBXs (700g) and those were better, but the still su_ked in comparison to the hansventure. I guess with weight, comes stability. Oh well. Still, has anyone tried the mobsters or the high rollers?

Black Lion
    Just don't go down the same root I did. First I tried the hutchinson pythons (480 g)-- god those su_ked. Then I tried the Nokian NBXs (700g) and those were better, but the still su_ked in comparison to the hansventure. I guess with weight, comes stability. Oh well. Still, has anyone tried the mobsters or the high rollers?

Hey easy on the Nokians.....some of us happen to like them.
    Some of the bigger WTB tires might work for you. Strong and beefy but also not boat anchors.

Motos
    Weirwolfs
    Voltron

mtbr member
    OK OK OK,

To give Greg some credit, he is like a ballerina on a bike, he doesn't need as beefy of tires. I am more of a point and shoot type of rider, so the big tires are a bennefit to me.

Who put that rut there?
    Aug 2004
    OK OK OK,

To give Greg some credit, he is like a ballerina on a bike, he doesn't need as beefy of tires. I am more of a point and shoot type of rider, so the big tires are a bennefit to me.
    I use Continental Vertical Pro Tubeless tires on mine with Stan's in them. They may not be the lightest but in these dry SoCal trails they hook up the best.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win you are both retards.

Living the Dream

Kenda Nevegals Stickee

Best tires I've ever ridden. Work great as tubeless. They are very big for their size. 2.35==2.4-2.5, 2.5=2.6. They last long too.