Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I have followed this thread for a while and was moving towards reaming out the seat tube on my 2008 7-Point, when I happened across a RASE 9" dropper post in a 30.0 size.

Pretty impressive. I am about 5' 10" on a medium 7-Point and ride it on the shore in Vancouver. I try to climb as much as possible and like to be able to drop the seat for steep descents or really tech section, the problem is that my knees object quite strongly when I try to climb with the seat dropped way down (especially after having a dropper post on my trail bike for the last few years). The RASE post lets me adjust the post lower and higher than where I would normally adjust the seat height.

Works like a charm. Cheers. J

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

7 Point

Funny how things work out. Just finished posting on the new Rase post, rode it once and now it is going to be sold.

2 days after posting this, I ended up picking up an almost new Norco Truax, so my trusty Iron Horse 7 point will go to a new owner, same for the Rase post.

The main thing that pushed me to sell the 7 Point was the HA. Despite having the 1.5 degree angleset and a 180mm fork I was still at about 66 degrees. I could run a DC 200mm fork but want to keep my Talas 180 that is on the bike.

The Truax with the Talas 80 is 65.5 degrees with a stock headset. I am going to get an cane creek angle set for it and drop it to 64.5. This will be my first non multi-link bike (DW-Link, VPP, Maestro) in many many years going back to a Big Hit that I rode for about 2 months. Should be a fun experiment.

I have owned a number of IH bikes including three 7 points, one 6 Point and 2 MK IIIs. Not a bad word to say about how the bikes perform. Too bad the original owners of the company were such fools and destroyed it. So good day to the fine IH owners out their and enjoy the rides.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    why not reduce the seatpost from 30.9 to 30.0. wouldn't this be easier to do?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bendik.ph View Post
    why not reduce the seatpost from 30.9 to 30.0. wouldn't this be easier to do?
    Not on a dropper post

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Has anyone considered doing this for a Sunday? I'm going to be picking one up soon and while I know they aren't designed to climb effectively, a lot of the DH runs i'll be doing it will involve some flatish/gradual gravel climbs along with some hike-a-biking and would really love to stick my old KS post on it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    i couldnt get any dropper posts to fit in my sunday. if youre going to do some climbing between DH sections, the 7point might be a good bike to check out

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by frgeoff View Post
    i couldnt get any dropper posts to fit in my sunday. if youre going to do some climbing between DH sections, the 7point might be a good bike to check out
    What was the issue you faced? Not enough material to ream out? Short seattube? Something else?

I'm not really interested in a 7point because I already have a 6" travel AM bike and ideally want something for shuttle days/park days in the summer that I could ride in the winters on the local hill at times. Not looking at a lot of pedaling, but I'm upgrading the dropper on my AM bike (KS 150mm Lev) anyway, so I'll have an extra 30.9 i900 KS post around anyway.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    the sunday's seat tube is short, so the dropper post can not get low enough.

I also have a 6" travel 6point as my AM bike, and have had 5+ sundays over the last few years. dont underestimate a properly setup, modernized 7point... and all the sunday parts swap over. i live in Az, we have a good shuttle scene here in phoenix. recently did a frame swap sunday to 7pt and absolutely loving the 7pt. if there is no chair lift to the top, and they are not purposed built DH/bike park trails, i will take the 7pt every time

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    that is going to damage the frame. it is better to reduce the diameter of the seatpost or get a gravity dropper which has a size 30.0mm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3