Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Gravity addict

anyone out there ride a yakuza aniki?

just wanted to see how many yakuza aniki riders are out there...post pictures Id love to see them... heres mine
    How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    yo man sweet bike Iíll post a pic of mine after work today I donít have a pic on this computer. I have noticed that there just arenít that many people rocking yakuza's. I wonder what the sales numbers are like on them

Gravity addict

thanks

thanks man for the kind words...Id love to see pictures of your bike when you get them up. ill keep checking back.
    How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ok here is my stockish aniki sorry its a poser backyard shot. i keep forgeting to bring my camera out on the trail
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gravity addict

nice picture.

i dont think its a poser shot...mine was taken in my yard before hitting a trail...what all have you done to it? the fork looks different from what mine had stock (manitou splice 130mm) anyways I think the aniki's are a great bike to build up. hopefully there will be more riders out there that will post more pictures. if you have any ?'s on what to upgrade or suggestions let me know...
    How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    i guess were the only aniki owners maybe we should extend this to all yakuza owners.. and one more poser shot, i dont like the the stock fork, probably want to go with a nixon. and some lighter components, more for all mountain stuff
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wear two thongs
    Hey I got one too! The fork on tagnasty's bike is the stock Spinner Ammo that comes on the bike for this season. Mines pretty stock except I upgraded the rear wheel to an atomlabs trailpimp with DT champion spokes and an XT hub and I upgraded the brake levers to Avid SD-Ti and my front shifter was replaced with an LX shifter due to it brakeing on me during a crash. Heres some shots I have of it: (sorry for the low quality Pics)

Woohoo first action shot! Granted I look all goofy because Im getting ready to pop up onto a bridge.

Edit: And a short vid I made with the aniki featured in it:
    Last edited by Eric Hoefer; 09-04-2006 at 01:35 PM.
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    dude the bike looks good, glad to see some action shots im going to try to get out this weekend and get some, just havent had much time lately. i was starting to think there were only 2 aniki owners out there

I wear two thongs
    Thanks for the compliments, Yeah I know I never see the aniki anywheres, but its a great frame to start with and have a cheapish bike to ride for a good amount of time and with the right upgrades the aniki could become a great am/fr bike depending on what parts are put on it.
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

Gravity addict
    awesome shots guys hopefully we will keep fishing out other yakuza aniki riders out there...there great bikes if you go to mtbmovies.com go to member profiles and look up Yayuzafreeriders profile thats mine ive got a few more pictures there, even the ones with x's on them work just click on them...thanks guys
    How's that dirt taste?

I wear two thongs
    I'm ordering a new fork and pedals tomorow so stay tuned in theres sure to be some photos coming in some time next week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    sweet man i have been thinking about new pedals myself, but i want to wear down the stock ones a little more first.i also checked out your page yakuzafreerider lots of sweet pics you should post them up here, so even the lazy can enjoy

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Hey guys...nice pics/vids. I just got and Aniki about 2 months ago. It is really growing on me. I have takin it DH do alot of freeriding and XC. It has performed great in all aspects, although a little sluggish on the flats! I really have nothing to compare it to, being my first FS but like i said, I'm loving it so far. I would post some pics but you might as well look at the "stockish" pics from above cause it looks just the same. Stay tuned........

I wear two thongs
    Tagnasty: Yeah my stocker wellgos started developing play in the spindle so I took off the dust cap to see if the spindle had wiggled itself loose but the bolt was tight so over time it must have just gotten worn out. I will have some Crank Bros 50/50 XX in Gold and an '05 Marzocchi Bomber Z1 FR3 ordered tomorow.

Gravity addict
    sweet love the pedals...i was wanting those but ended up with dmr v8's which arent bad for $30....the aniki will definatley be a little slugish on flats and on some climbing it is not the lightest of bikes, but the more you ride it the easier it will become. its a great bike to build onto. thanks for the compliments so far guys.
    How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Freerider......is that a fox rea shock?r or the original shock with a stronger coil?

Gravity addict
    i contacted iron horse bout the rear coil bein way to soft, they sent me a 650lb coil to replace the stock 300lb one. they didnt ask any ?'s they just mailed it. so yea is a stronger coil thats all for now, i do want a manitou metal r eventually to max out the frames travel potential...my dream shock is the crane creek double barrel! but im not made of money lol later guys-t
    How's that dirt taste?

I wear two thongs
    I did the same thing, they sent me a 750lb spring I almost wanna drop back down to a 650 but I dont know if that will be too soft. He said I was right on the borderline between 650 and 750lb springs. I was also thinking of doing a Metel R or RP I rode a rental Aniki at Hunter Mountain that was equipped with a Metel R and the extra inch of travel/higher quality suspension made it ride even better.

Gravity addict
    cool 650lb just right for me bein around 190lbs i set the rebound at 75% which is pretty nice, but eventually ill need more travel. but for now it works great. check out the classifieds here on mtbr you may find a replacement rear suspension, id buy one but money is tight right now...; ) l8r t
    How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

New Iron Horse Aniki

Hii I got bought a Aniki and am gona get it the comin week...so happy it is my first
    real mountain bike... and not sure why people keep complainin about how the aniki and the
    brand iron horse sux tho... but any ways just wonderin Eric Hoefer is ur aniki 2006 or 2005
    Once i get my bike i will share how my first ride is and pics of it

Brackish

I have an '05 Kumicho

Race Face Diabolus Bars and Stem, Wellgo B-67 flats, '04 Jr T, IRD post, WTB saddle:

Gravity addict
    i heard a few compliants in reviews of the bike...but i have yet to understand why check out my reviews of the bike here on this site under the 05 the only differance in the bike now in 06 is the provided travel of the fork and maybe a few other things...we all would love to see the pics.
    How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    dude that is a sweet little rock section wish i had something like that on a local trail out here

I wear two thongs
    I got my new fork and pedals I went with the 50/50 X I couldnt justify an extra $40 for cartrige bearings. I just got it all buttoned up and I love it. And of course heres some pictures there not the greatest cuz they were taken with my phone but they give you the idea.

Gravity addict
    eric sweet pics...the pedals are sweet! youll have to let us all know how it rides! my bike unfortunatley took 20hrs to break the fork in ; ( but shes all good now though. curbuncle the kumicho is sweet, id love to find some spots like in your photos around here. just curious how much did you pay for the rig? keep the threads coming guys!
    How's that dirt taste?

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast