Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Begining to jump
    Oct 2006
    My riding style is Downhill/freeride. I was thinking about getting the Manitou Triple Ti Intrinsic as well as the Swinger coil SPV 6 way (maybe just the 4 way for now, 6 is a little pricy). I sent IH an email last night about the shocks.

On another note I am here in santa cruz and go riding around UCSC alot, so if there is anyone here who wants to ride with me send me a message.

Action photos and bike photos soon.

not riding a rockhopper!
    have any of you guys had problems with the brakes rubbing and making a jinglng noise? I think i might have found the problem in my front hub, which wobles side to side if i push on it. I seems like the bearings a play/slop in the hub. If anyone knows about this, hit me up.

Gravity addict
    yakuzacruz, great choices on upgrades -your heading in the right direction with them- get the singer 6 it may be pricey but worth it....rockhopper, my stock front disc break rubs all the time-even after i replaced the front hub, my disc has a slight bend in it so when i switch out to the avid code im sure it will fix all problems...but if your hub wobbles check the tightness of the skewer that hold the wheel on, or better yet take it to a bike shop and let them check it out the wheel may need to be trued....
    How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Ohh did u ppl noe tat Yakuza ment Japanese gangster and Aniki means big bro or leader XD

Brackish
    Quote Originally Posted by rockHopper09
    have any of you guys had problems with the brakes rubbing and making a jinglng noise? I think i might have found the problem in my front hub, which wobles side to side if i push on it. I seems like the bearings a play/slop in the hub. If anyone knows about this, hit me up.

You just need to have your hub tightened up, any shop can do it for you. Don't ride around on it for too long or you'll carve out the races and damage the hub.

Gravity addict

meaning of yakuza and aniki

knew yakuza meant gangster or something like a japanese mafia...didnt know what aniki meant but its cool though...thanks for the info t
    How's that dirt taste?

not riding a rockhopper!
    how do you tighten the hub?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hoefer
    Hey I got one too! The fork on tagnasty's bike is the stock Spinner Ammo that comes on the bike for this season. Mines pretty stock except I upgraded the rear wheel to an atomlabs trailpimp with DT champion spokes and an XT hub and I upgraded the brake levers to>

cool video
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Gravity addict
    heres a recent picture of my aniki from my myspace page My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/90536821
    check it out sometime guys...

How's that dirt taste?

not riding a rockhopper!
    I just got an aniki recently and i am looking to replace the fork and rear shock. Im probably getting a vanilla, but i have no idea what fork to get.

what are you guys riding, single/double crown, spring/air?

im only 14 so i cant afford much.

Gravity addict
    rockhopper09- well im riding on a triple crown manitou sherman slider +spv 170mm fork, which I found new for $275 on ebay...and the rear coil shock is stock besides the fact iron horse sent me a heavier spring. make a note when you upgrade your fork you may have to change out your front hub to to be compatible with the fork. shop around before you buy, especially if your $$$ is limited. if you have anymore ?'s let me know ill answer them the best that i can. l8r t
    How's that dirt taste?

Begining to jump
    Oct 2006
    So this is what the Aniki has in the way of rear shock 9 x 2.75 with 23mmx8mm hardware. Is there anyone who can tell me a few shocks that have those specs (preferably coil but it matters not)?

Gravity addict
    well the aniki is a 5inch travel stock....the 9 x 2.75 is for 7inches of rear travel. when you order the rear suspension you will be give the option to purchase what size coil/weight and shock....
    How's that dirt taste?

Begining to jump
    Oct 2006
    I meant more like what brand/model, but that was helpful too! Thanks.

Gravity addict
    well as far as suspensions go... i like manitou-the metal r, swinger-3,4,6 are all great rear shocks, the theres the fox vanilla line and so on...really i stick to the manufacturer i like manitou-but go to bikeparts.com check out there rear suspensions, there not the low cost stuff but find what you like and search the net for a better deal. thats what i do.
    How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    i was just wantin to no, would a marzocchi jr T or a marzocchi drop off triple be better for an aniki?

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by Swandel
    i was just wantin to no, would a marzocchi jr T or a marzocchi drop off triple be better for an aniki?
    not really. you would probably be better off getting a boxxer or something like a sherman slider. because for one they're not nearly as tall. but two I believe the dropoff triple and the Jr T share the SSVF dampening, wich totally sucks. I have an old 02 boxxer and it fits alright on my bakuto, so does the kingpin I have as well. but marz forks are jenerally just a little too big. if you are stuck onto something like a dropoff, get the single crown version. if you need 170mm of travel, seriously, get a kingpin, ride it till it brakes, then send it into manitou and they'll give you a 06/07 Kingpin for free. I just think that in bolth of those forks, the dampening really kinda sucks, fluid flow might be a better choice. even if you wanted go stance flow with the 110-150mm travel adjustment.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Gravity addict
    manitou or marzocchi....eeemmm never ran a marzocchi before but i have read many reviews on both manitou and marzocchi-some like them some dont. all i can say is my sherman slider + has worked perfect and feels right on my bike for me. and you can get one at jenson.com for around $300...now if you wanna a serious race fork and have lots of cash go for the boxxer-i wouldnt bother with the manitou kingpin get a slider.
    How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    thanx for the tips there. i think im gonna go for the slider actually, it seems to be a good fork, and i have checked a few sites just there. thanx for the advice guys
    Last edited by Swandel; 10-17-2006 at 02:11 PM.

Begining to jump
    Oct 2006
    So i was riding today and i go over a 2 foot jump and my rear derailleur breaks off completely. Ive written ironhorse about it but man this sucks I was thinking about maybe getting a different one, or asking IH for a stronger one. Advice?

Gravity addict
    badnews man...i dont know if warranties apply to stuff broken by riding except the frame-they may....ive wrecked mine a few times-once the bike fliped end over end for bout 20feet down a rocky section when i went over the bars-rear wheel ripped out completely from the frame!!!!but didnt break a thing. if you but another rear deraillleur go with a shimano xt or go with sram x-0 components you have to stick to one manufacter when it comes to shifter and drivetrain components...
    How's that dirt taste?

Begining to jump
    Oct 2006
    Yeah. For all of the owners of the Aniki, the company will not give you a replacement derailleur. You have to go to the place you purchased the bike and ask them to ask IH to send you a new one. Apparently they dont "deal" with customers (this is how most companies are but just thought id give the heads up. I am going with the SRAM X.9. I found shifters and rear derailleur for $129. http://www.pricepoint.com/detail.htm...d=135%20SRAX93

In other news
    The Sherman Slider looks good and is very affordable. I found one at the following website for $279.95. http://www.greenfishsports.com/index...ROD&ProdID=867

Are there any other models I should look up (the sherman looks good because it is on the less expensive side)?

Pictures soon and once again, if there are any folks in or near the Santa Cruz area who want to ride, send me an email at monroeismyband@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Brackish
    You should take a look for '04 and '05 Marzocchi Jr T's as well, great bargains at the online spots (check Jenson, Cambria, Pricepoint and Wheelworld) and my '04 was a great replacement for the stock manitou on the '05 on the Kumicho I have. As for your customer service experience, just go through a local retailer: IH's CS is horrible to customers, I've experienced it firsthand and I know several people in the business who have affirmed this as well. Let your shop, or any shop that deals IH, deal with it for you.

Kumicho update: Saint Cranks installed this evening! So sweet! Like the tubular steel Syncros cranks of old the Saints are so stiff it's like standing on a concrete floor. Ride report after the shuttle day at Blackrock Saturday ( http://brmba.org/ )

Lastly, revisiting the pivot play issue: check your rig for play by grabbing the seatpost/seatube junction in one hand and the rear wheel in the other and try to move the rear wheel back and forth in the frame. If you have play, any play, tighten all of your pivot bolts or take it to your dealer to do it for you. I had a little bit of play in the rear, but to fix it I would have had to pull the bottom bracket to get behind the SRS chainguide to get at the main pivot bolt on the Kumicho. I was lazy all summer, kept everything but the one pivot that matters tight, and just paid a shop $72 for a new ($5) bearing and and two hour's worth of work to get the race from the disintegrated non-drive-side main pivot bearing out of the frame and press the new bearing in. THIS IS MY FAULT FOR BEING LAZY, and it could have resulted in a broken frame right when I am really getting to love my Kumicho. Don't be a pud, monitor your suspension and keep that sh!t tight!
    Last edited by carbuncle; 10-20-2006 at 12:00 AM.

Gravity addict
    carbuncles right check your stuff out after every ride...i do this when cleaning-degreasing-lubricating my bike...it helps you get to know your bike, you can spot damages to any part of you bike while performing a must needed maintanence on your investment which is one your life, and your bike. as far as buying anything for your rig, always check the reviews of the product. you dont wanna buy junk guys.
    How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

2006 Boxxer Wc and DHX 5.0.

Hey Guys Im plannin to put 2006 wc boxxers and 06 dhx 5s on my aniki so excited ... gona get them on saturday...Im put pics up for sure

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast