Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    lmao...same here...however, i didn't buy one, cause i don't have the money....but anyone who can get me a sick deal in the Toronto Area of Ontario, Canada, maybe used or you noe a real nice dealer.
    i just called sportchek, and i just found out they don't do their special order program on ironhorses....and randal scotts selling anikis for 499. but its in 15"...
    do oyu think a 19" would be good for a 5'10, 150 pound asian dyude? or is taht to much?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i and the same height and wight as u, 17inch is fine for me, i have road it in NorthStar, its perfect.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Whats North Star?
    yea. i figured 17 was pretty good.
    thanks
    now, as soon as i get money.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Northstar is the best mountain bike park in California, it is located in Tahoe

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    oh cool!!!
    only problem....i'm in canada...toronto.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    so...does anyone know where to buy an Aniki?
    i checked with randal scott, and they told me they won't know if they'll restock.
    and Sportchek doesn't do their special order program anymore.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i bought mine from randall scott, i think ironhorse has halted production of them

dosnt chng titls...o wait
    Jul 2007
    im begining to get soooo freaking mad at this bike
    k so im 120 lbs, and i put on a new 550 lb spring. hangers still break every 3 rides.
    i go to my shop and im like : wtf, this is bs it shouldnt be happening.
    they said here, buy this $115 chain guide, it will fix it!
    so i wait for like a week without my bike, bc ive got some spokes they need to lok at and it just needed a long hospital visit
    so i get it back, sweet, changuide looks good, woo!
    literal events: i ride up my street, and down it. maybe 1/4 mile at most, on road...pavement...,, then i take it off a very small step down, bout 10 ft lip to landing, but mostly down so its got a super smooth landing. ... i ride up my driveway, through the front yard, down this small hill to my dirt jump (bout 100 ft after the sd) woo im flying, woo i case ver very very very slight, f*ck i hear a loud snap....f*ck my derailiuer get ripped into my spokes
    15 minutes of riding! $115 down the god dam drain
    im so PO'D right now! jeesus
    is this only hapening to me?! what cind of ridinh do you guys put ur bikes throught that it never breaks?! waaaaaattttttsss wrong with it!!!!!!
    tubes hate me

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i havent had my hanger bust yet and ive been riding for a year now.

what gear were u on when it smacked into ur spokes, probably a low gear right

umm i dont crash, lol, but seriously the rear derailleur it comes stock with is a piece of crap if u ask me, on my bike my chain tensioner is a blackspire stinger and my rear derailleur is a Shimano XT M770, it works for me and its reliable even when i eat it.

I wear two thongs
    Quote Originally Posted by yoboe
    im begining to get soooo freaking mad at this bike
    k so im 120 lbs, and i put on a new 550 lb spring. hangers still break every 3 rides.
    i go to my shop and im like : wtf, this is bs it shouldnt be happening.
    they said here, buy this $115 chain guide, it will fix it!
    so i wait for like a week without my bike, bc ive got some spokes they need to lok at and it just needed a long hospital visit
    so i get it back, sweet, changuide looks good, woo!
    literal events: i ride up my street, and down it. maybe 1/4 mile at most, on road...pavement...,, then i take it off a very small step down, bout 10 ft lip to landing, but mostly down so its got a super smooth landing. ... i ride up my driveway, through the front yard, down this small hill to my dirt jump (bout 100 ft after the sd) woo im flying, woo i case ver very very very slight, f*ck i hear a loud snap....f*ck my derailiuer get ripped into my spokes
    15 minutes of riding! $115 down the god dam drain
    im so PO'D right now! jeesus
    is this only hapening to me?! what cind of ridinh do you guys put ur bikes throught that it never breaks?! waaaaaattttttsss wrong with it!!!!!!
    Shorten your chain, that was a big problem with the Aniki. They came with a full length chain that was a good number of links too long. I had the same thing happen to me riding off a bridge, when I hit the transition my chain slapped and sent the rear der into the spokes braking about 10 spokes on a brand new wheel, and breaking the der cage in two as well. I shortened my chain to the appropriate length and it hasn't happened since.

My Aniki is in the shop right now actually. Its just getting some general TLC type maintenance done to it that I would normally do but I just don't have the time at the moment.
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i never thought of that, but my aniki good for now when my chain snaps ill get a shorter one

good advice though

Jul 2007
    it has been shortened, and this isnt the first time its gotten sucked up into the spokes, this is the 6th or something
    tubes hate me

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    well awhile ago for some reason my stock derailleur i used to have gave me a problem like that, when i used to switch to lower gears it would start hitting it, i messed around with the derailleur until i had it perfect, i didnt take to the shop cuz it would take forever for them to do it.

but i dont know bro, i would buy a new derailleur, and if it give u the same problem return it

I wear two thongs
    Quote Originally Posted by yoboe
    it has been shortened, and this isnt the first time its gotten sucked up into the spokes, this is the 6th or something
    hmm, have you checked your limit screws on your deraileur to make sure they are adjusted properly?
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

Jul 2007
    dsk : i was in 2 in front, 4 in back.
    and your prablem in nothing compared to mine. urs hit the spokes, mine broke off into the spokes............

and i have not checked my limit screws, like dsk says, its a peice of crap, and no the little black gaurd for the wheels is bent and doesnt spring back, it just stays at about 120 degree angle
    so theres another hundered +
    i might just get a beefier bike.
    tubes hate me

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    another bike is alot, but i guess u should since it cut ur spokes too that would be best

Jul 2007
    ??
    naw, if this keeps happening no matter what, its just that the derailiuer harnger is thin and breaks easily.
    tubes hate me

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quick question for all u aniki riders. I just snapped a spoke today doing normal riding. I was wondering if I can just get a normal set of spokes or should I go for a set of "downhill/freeride" rated spokes to replace that one spoke? Btw the spoke that snapped is located in the rear wheel.

When in doubt, go faster
    Just get the wheel rebuilt and replace the spokes.

Anyone wanna chime in and tell me what kinda mounts the aniki has for a chainguide?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Was going to do that but I don't plan to bring my bike to college so I don't think I'm going to rebuild the whole wheel. Thinking of "DT Swiss DT Competition" or "Wheelsmith". How do you measure the spoke length?

I wear two thongs
    Pretty sure it has no mounts for a chain guide other than the kind that mounts at the bottom bracket interface.

When in doubt, go faster
    Yah I talked to my LBS and they said thats what it was.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The pivot bearings on mine is really slack after 5 rides.
    I hope the frame is ok.

Jersey Hucker
    Just tighten up the bearings, not sure on torque though.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast