Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

a

well my bike is out of the shop, i havent had chance to ride beacus eif the rain, I will post new pics this weekend.

I have a question for the one who have changed the rear shock, i have a 5th element and the mechanic at the shop put it backwards when he reinstalled it, He said is the way that supposed to be. Does anyone have idea what is the correct way? With barrel facing up or down?
    FOR SALE:Brake system/Shifter combo,Shimano Alivio 8speeds, tektro Brakes 203m rot.calipers, hdware $60.00,PM me for pics

When in doubt, go faster
    Either way. I currently have my swinger 6way setup so that the reservoir is closer to the swingarm, allowing for it to be ontop so I can adjust it.

dosnt chng titls...o wait
    Jul 2007
    yo i have a stock derailer. the day i got it back from the shop it started to freeze up, the end jocky wheel is just really sticcky and i can hardly backpedal. is it just from sitting out in the cold for a couple hours? bc i rode it around in the parking lot as soon as a got it and it was fine then. nothing is out of place and im pretty sure nothings broken or anything like that. anyone else have this problem? anyone know of a solution?
    thanks
    tubes hate me

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    hey guys, my liquid in my ammo forks ran out on my yakuza aniki 07. What and how can i refill it.

Jul 2007
    go to a shop and get oil if u dont have the right kind, id let them do that stuff
    tubes hate me

mtbr member
    or go to a shop and get some new forks

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    All done up. Fit/feels much better than the Preston, based on about two hours of trail time this morning, fine tuning/tweaking things.

14" bb height with the shorter shock, giving me 6.3" rear travel. Head angle is sitting between 66-67*, leaning more towards the 66* end. No idea on weight - 34-35# estimate.

Nothing stock left on the frame - this is all swapped from my old ride. Only thing new on it is the King reducer headset; getting the frame cheaply this way meant being able to really splurge on that bit. Bought it complete just to get the frame, selling off the original build spec, and my old frame.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    wow thats such a sick ojiki looks like it would be a good slopestyle bike if u changed the seat post.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    thats a really high seat, my seat is down

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    U guys, What is a good chain tensioner for the aniki 07, i already have that FSA bashguard it came stock with

Quote Originally Posted by NikeDSK
    U guys, What is a good chain tensioner for the aniki 07, i already have that FSA bashguard it came stock with
    This:

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...4&category=361

You want the regular mtb BB version, like the one in the picture.

Uh, my seat is up because it's built as a burly do it all trail bike - that's it at full height up. Meaning it actually has to get pedaled around to get to good stuff, not just sessioning features over and over again. That's where the Gravity Dropper seatpost comes in - drops down 4" and I can still drop the whole thing another 2" into the frame if I want it really down there. It isn't a suspension post, even though it looks like one.

Hell, my bars are still a good 2" above the seat, even with it all the way up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    and this chain tensioner is all speeds right, and it will fit for the FSA stock bashguard it came with

and this chain tensioner is all speeds right, and it will fit for the FSA stock bashguard it came with
    yep. it just sits between the frame and BB cup. rotate it up/down until you're happy with it's position. move the pulley wheel until it's just right up to the bashring, but not quite touching it. may have to play with some BB spacers to get everything just right, but it's not too hard.

it works well if you take the time tos et it up right. not a full blown DH guid like an e.13, but it's waaaaay cheaper, especially since you already have a bashring.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    thanks bro

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    but this wont get lose or nothing right, cuz i like to take my bike off dirt jumps also

but this wont get lose or nothing right, cuz i like to take my bike off dirt jumps also
    I've never had mine come loose, and this is now the fourth bike/build it's been on.

If you want absolute DH type chain security though, get a full on DH guide. There are several out there that let you still run two front rings.

mtbr member
    i wont be riding anikis anymore i dont want to put up with the derailer hanger problem anymore and the aniki cannot handle the bike parks i ride so im getting a new bike. im selling my aniki.

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebryce
    i wont be riding anikis anymore i dont want to put up with the derailer hanger problem anymore and the aniki cannot handle the bike parks i ride so im getting a new bike. im selling my aniki.
    The CNC derailleur hangers from Wheels Manufacturing are much stouter than the stockers.

I've never had an issue with a lot of hanger mangling on any of my rides, though, so not worried.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    The CNC derailleur hangers from Wheels Manufacturing are much stouter than the stockers.

I've never had an issue with a lot of hanger mangling on any of my rides, though, so not worried.
    ya but i want better components and a better frame and i live in canada and the only iron horse dealer is sport check which is sports store and they suck for bikes they build them wrong and cant help me much when i break a hanger or something. So im going to go my lbs that i like and buy a norco shore 3. i guess i cant be ironhorsebryce anymore w.e i usally go on pink bike now.

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebryce
    ya but i want better components and a better frame and i live in canada and the only iron horse dealer is sport check which is sports store and they suck for bikes they build them wrong and cant help me much when i break a hanger or something. So im going to go my lbs that i like and buy a norco shore 3. i guess i cant be ironhorsebryce anymore w.e i usally go on pink bike now.
    Learn to work on and take care of your own bike, and that will be less of a problem. You can buy hangers online for nearly any stock bike. The frame is solid, some of the stock parts are crap, some are not too bad. Swapping everything out has worked for me - the fit and sizing/geometry of the frame is what I was after. Rides much nicer with a much better parts spec on it. The lower and slacker numbers are also nice.

But yeah, up north, you'll likely get better support out of Norco than Iron Horse.

mtbr member
    i put the hangers on my self, if iron horse sold there bikes at bike stores in canada i would buy a 7 point, why doesent iron horse sell there bikes in real stores in canada, sport check has no high end bikes, so i cant see a 7 point before i buy one.

Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    All done up. Fit/feels much better than the Preston, based on about two hours of trail time this morning, fine tuning/tweaking things.

14" bb height with the shorter shock, giving me 6.3" rear travel. Head angle is sitting between 66-67*, leaning more towards the 66* end. No idea on weight - 34-35# estimate.

Nothing stock left on the frame - this is all swapped from my old ride. Only thing new on it is the King reducer headset; getting the frame cheaply this way meant being able to really splurge on that bit. Bought it complete just to get the frame, selling off the original build spec, and my old frame.
    now all you need is gold disc rotors. thatd be sick
    tubes hate me

Quote Originally Posted by yoboe
    now all you need is gold disc rotors. thatd be sick
    nah. thye'd just get all messed up anyhow. and it's already tacky enough looking. no mas.

When in doubt, go faster
    well its been 6 months since i really had a good ride. my bikes been out of commission and i couldn't afford the fix. tomorrow or Wednesday it all goes down.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    hey what is the max length for forks on an aniki 07?

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast