Jul 2007
    Thats awesome, your gonna love the bike Mauler

Turkey Vulture N Training
    Quote Originally Posted by High_Rider
    Thats awesome, your gonna love the bike Mauler
    Thanks brother, ya man i cant wait for it to get here haha

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I was the same way everyday id wake up and track it to see where it was haha

Quote Originally Posted by High_Rider
    I was the same way everyday id wake up and track it to see where it was haha
    yup already doing the same thing haha... order got approved today so hoefully ill see it by the weekend.. take it down to the chino shop and be riding

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    yea just make sure everything is correct on the bike like the brakes, stem, headset, bars, cranks, pretty much everything is good to ride, then go to trail and ride, youll be happy

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Hey was up Guys This is my first post, and i just wanted to tell you fork bashing guys that if you turn the knob (the left one) you get more rebounds and plushieness and i love this bike and i'll be posting my 07 aniki later

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Mine is stock and I had some difficulty as well, to adjust. But I got it now and its working just fine and no rattles or noise of anykind. If you are not intending to make hardcore jumps, etc, I think they are just fine. Take it your local bike shop, see if they can adjust it for you.

When in doubt, go faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hoefer
    yup its a 9x2.75 Swinger 6-way, I got it new for $170
    i got mine for 120 shipped.

my bike has been a total champ over the summer, withe the exception of not having a CG. its been a while since I have really ridden tho... and now that i am in santa fe new mexico, its time to rock.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    i have two yakuzas, i got an aniki last year, and i did a ds race on it, and then less than a month ago, i bought a kumicho type R.
    heres my aniki 06, with a sherman,

type R, with a travis

the type R is my dh bike for this collegiate season

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Yes, it works fine

Quote Originally Posted by wheelie man
    Any first hand info on the 8.75x2.75 shock?
    Wheelie Man,

You are probably riding the new shock by now but I can assure you that the 8.75"
    & 9.00" sizes both work well. I have both sizes for my Aniki (Swinger 6-Way) and I could not tell the difference.

If anyone wants to purchase the 8.75" x 2.75" Swinger 6-Way, it is almost new and
    available for $ 150.00 without a spring (although I may have a spare spring somewhere).

JP

mtbr member
    thats a nice kumicho r i like the fork on it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwpeltier
    Wheelie Man,

You are probably riding the new shock by now but I can assure you that the 8.75"
    & 9.00" sizes both work well. I have both sizes for my Aniki (Swinger 6-Way) and I could not tell the difference.

If anyone wants to purchase the 8.75" x 2.75" Swinger 6-Way, it is almost new and
    available for $ 150.00 without a spring (although I may have a spare spring somewhere).

JP
    Actually I haven't got the new shock yet. I was in Canada. THANK YOU for the help.

PS: we have the same initials.

BeneathMiSkin
    so do you guys reccomend the Aniki?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beneathmiskin
    so do you guys reccomend the Aniki?

if your on a budget or are a beginner. when i first got mine i was not to good and it was fine then i got better and im bottoming it out to easy and i think the suspenion is to stiff. you need to upgrade the suspension and your good. the aniki frame is good. but if your going to spend money on new suspension might as well get a new bike.

well i ride a yakuza altho its wasnt the aniki i thought i was gonna get, got a better deal on a sohon bucho better components
    Rolling Down Trails.... Slowly
    06 Iron Horse Yakuza
    06 Kona Stuff
    www.pedalshop.com

BeneathMiSkin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMauler
    well i ride a yakuza altho its wasnt the aniki i thought i was gonna get, got a better deal on a sohon bucho better components
    Yeah i was thinkin of getting the Sohon Bucho but i dont know because im only a beginner. I want to get a bike that i can use for a while, not just for a year or so until i get good.

BeneathMiSkin
    and another thing, im a noob to the sport of mountain biking, so is the frame of the 07 aniki the same as the 06, because as i get better i wanna upgrade and get better rear shocks, like the Manitou 6-Way Swinger, like the previous poster Eric Hoefer did? Sorry for the trouble i;d just rather be safe than sorry

mtbr member
    i cant tell any difference from the 07 to 06 frame other than the paint.

BeneathMiSkin
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebryce
    i cant tell any difference from the 07 to 06 frame other than the paint.
    Yeah me neither thanks man

When in doubt, go faster

Aniki for sale

Anyone who is looking to buying an aniki I have one that has a few sick upgrades from the crapy stock components.

04 888
    swinger 6way
    x7

some other stuff i dont remember.

open to any reasonible offer...

I wear two thongs
    The 07 I think uses a slightly different shock size as well. I think it uses an 8.75X2.5 shock instead of the 9X2.5 shock. This is actually a good thing though since the 8.75" shocks are easier to come by. Especially in the Santa Cruz online store where you can pick up this size shock for $99.
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

When in doubt, go faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hoefer
    The 07 I think uses a slightly different shock size as well. I think it uses an 8.75X2.5 shock instead of the 9X2.5 shock. This is actually a good thing though since the 8.75" shocks are easier to come by. Especially in the Santa Cruz online store where you can pick up this size shock for $99.
    that is correct

mtbr member
    I was just thinking, and looking at my aniki. All I would need to do to to get 8 inches of travel (using a 9.5x3.0 shock) is get about a 1/4 inch more room between the seat tube and the swingarm. If I could shave a little off where the swingarm would hit the seat tube, without compromising frame strength, I could get 8 inches without the wheel hitting anything when bottomed out. If you were to mess with the mounting holes to get clearance, the wheel would hit something when you bottom out. I don't think it would hurt frame strength, although I could be wrong. I don't put much stress on the frame while sitting down, which I THINK is the only time stress is put on that area of the frame.
    Opinions?

BeneathMiSkin
    Im on a budget of about $900, any suggestions? Im still thinking of the aniki, but just trying to find a better bike.

I wear two thongs
    Quote Originally Posted by beneathmiskin
    Im on a budget of about $900, any suggestions? Im still thinking of the aniki, but just trying to find a better bike.
    The Yakuza line of hardtails are really nice too, and you get much better components than a similarly priced FS bike. Since you are a beginner they will make for easier pedaling on XC type terrain where you will most likely start out to get a grasp of bike skills. Also they are very durable as well and can stand up to alot of abuse seeing they are a hardtail freeride bike. They also IMO are some really pleasing to the eye. Heres a few of them so you dont have to hunt around looking for what Im talking about:
    $600 Ironhorse Yakuza Bakuto:

found here: http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id....=7&category=56

The reason I bought my aniki was because I had a bike to ride when I had to pedal, the aniki is saved for the Lift Serviced days. Because when it comes down to it you are buying a pedaling platformless, 6" travel, single pivot, 40 something pound, freeride bike. In all honesty pedaling this thing is doable (and alot of people do) its just not desirable.
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast