mtbr remember

Anyone ever install a tapered fork onto an Azure???

I have an Azure frame (no fork yet), and am currently wondering if anyone here has successfully installed a new tapered (1.5 on bottom/1.125 on top) fork onto an Azure with one of these new conversion lower headsets like the Cane Creek EC44 or King inset 7?

The reason I'm asking is because the Azure has an externally tapered headtube. Does the headtube itself taper too much/too fast to clear the tapered steerer on the fork, even with added lower stack height of external headset cup?

Looking for any valid input here, not just assumption.
    Any tips or help (or especially photos!!) are greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr remember
    anyone?

...am I gonna have to guinea pig this here at the cost of a fork and lower headset? dammnnnnnnnn.... gonna be rollin' the dice.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr remember
    Welp, it all worked out GREAT! Love it.

I ended up using a Cane Creek EC44 110 lower cup, and it did need just a hair of material removed from the top of the cup where it presses in (I used a grinding wheel very carefully to bevel it) so it would clear the inside of the Azure's headtube where the ID decreases dramatically up about 10mm or so...

But, after that I pressed it in, went in smooth and flush, and then mounted my tapered fork and it's oh so smooth and stiff!

And on the plus side, it also raised it up just a hair and slacked out the HA just bit too, all of which I wanted on this particular frame.

I'll post up some photos as soon as I can.
    Schralp it Heavy.