mtbr member
    Aug 2010

8.5x2.5 on 6 point - Geo Question

Hey all,

I just recently purchased an 09 6point4 frame and was wondering if anyone who runs an 8.5x2.5 shock could give me some numbers. I'm looking to turn this frame into a mini-DH type rig and favor the slack angles and lower bb, but I'm worried it'll be too low and raked.

I'm looking for three numbers:

HTA
    BB Height
    Wheelbase

If you could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,
    Swkshepherd

mtbr member
    I don't have the numbers but I say go for it. I bought mine that way from a Pro WC Downhill racer who used it on the easier courses like Fontana. It is PERFECT as a mini DH rig setup that way. Mine had the 8.5x2.5 H3LT from X Fusion and I highly recommend their new Vector Air if you go that route. The drawback is that it messes with the DW Link's climbing ability (causes it to bob some) and I wanted more travel so I went with a coil over 8.75x2.75" stroke shock for FR use. I really liked the lower BB tho and am thinking of switching back since I don't use it for trail use and the new Vector Air can take the big hits.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    are you considering the 8.5x2.5 vector air now GMAN?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Do you have one for sale?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    no ive got a lot of DW Link bikes at the moment, and all have xfusion vector rear shocks. oddly enough my favorite is the vector RC, next to the HLR, next to the air HLR last (that thing needs the dw tune bad)

mtbr member
    I was but recently added a Works Components ZS 44 -1.5 deg headset so that slacked the bike out to 65.5 (w/ a 170mm Lyrik) and actually dropped the BB AND lengthened the wheelbase to where I'm super stoked about her now! My Avy tuned 5th needs a new nitrogen charge a lil too often tho so I may look at a Vector RC with a light tune if that's what you think works best?! I like the longer stroke for more travel (running 8.75" x 2.75").

Cheers,

G
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!