Thread: 7point frame

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

7point frame

I have a 2007 7point3. I found a 2006 7point7 frame. Are there any differences in the frames from the 2006 to the 2007 model year? Nuts, bolts everything the same? Just talking about the frames not components.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon
    I have a 2007 7point3. I found a 2006 7point7 frame. Are there any differences in the frames from the 2006 to the 2007 model year? Nuts, bolts everything the same? Just talking about the frames not components.

Thanks in advance.

IH improved the 7point for 07. The rocker links were redesigned and the hardware is different as well. The frame also lost a little over a pound of weight. That's all I can remember.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    IH improved the 7point for 07. The rocker links were redesigned and the hardware is different as well. The frame also lost a little over a pound of weight. That's all I can remember.
    So sounds like I cannot take the nuts and bolts from that frame and put them on my frame then.

That is why I'm looking at getting the frame because mine is missing some of he original nuts and bolts. I was able to get some bolts and washers from the hardware store to work but wanted to get the correct stuff on it if I could.

Guess i will have to hunt down a 2007 frame then it sounds like?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon
    So sounds like I cannot take the nuts and bolts from that frame and put them on my frame then.

That is why I'm looking at getting the frame because mine is missing some of he original nuts and bolts. I was able to get some bolts and washers from the hardware store to work but wanted to get the correct stuff on it if I could.

Guess i will have to hunt down a 2007 frame then it sounds like?

Thanks
    Send IHateU a PM. He might be able to source you parts for the 7point