mtbr member
    Apr 2009

6point8 shock mounting hardware

Hey guys,

I just scored a brand new (!!) 6point8 frame, white, awesome looking for $~400 shipped. It doesn't have a shock so i'm planning to get a used FOX DHX (8.875x2.75) or use my swinger 4 way (which is 8.5x2.5).

My question is what hardware I need? i searched a lot and saw somewhere around(http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...8&d=1159907792) that I need 10x30 hardware (?). i think the 10 is internal and the 30 is the length of the cylinder, but what is the external diameter?

Please advise,
    THanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

One More question....

One more question, What headset should I get? I think that the FSA Orbit Z reducer should be ok?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    .50" Od for the Fox. Not sure if the Swinger is one of the ones that doesn't use the "standard" bushings or not. You might find setup to be off with the 8.5 I to I shock since you will be starting .25" into the design sag.

6Points use straight Zerostack 1 1/8 internal headset not the 1.5 reducers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by p_mihai_ro
    Hey guys,

I just scored a brand new (!!) 6point8 frame, white, awesome looking for $~400 shipped. It doesn't have a shock so i'm planning to get a used FOX DHX (8.875x2.75) or use my swinger 4 way (which is 8.5x2.5).

My question is what hardware I need? i searched a lot and saw somewhere around(http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...8&d=1159907792) that I need 10x30 hardware (?). i think the 10 is internal and the 30 is the length of the cylinder, but what is the external diameter?

Please advise,
    THanks.
    Hi p_mihai_ro,

where do you buy the frame?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    THanks for the answers. The frame came in today and it's truly awesome, i'm so happy i bought it.
    The reducers are indeed 10mm ID, 30mm len, and whatever external diameter you need for the shock. (Manitou is 12mm, others I understand are 1/2 inch (12.7mm). THere was no headset on the frame, the head tube has 44mm cups (actually 43.90, 43.95). I got an internal no-stack press in headset, however i guess a stacked one is the same as long as the cups have around 44mm and you have a fork long enough. I'm putting all this info here because I searched a lot for it and couldn't find it.

I got the frame on ebay, I think there's a 6 point 4 left right now. I'd say go get it. THe seller is serious and shipped right away. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ironhorse-6-Poin...#ht_751wt_1137

My frame has a blemish tough... it's where the right lower link touched the weld for the ISCG plate. Doesn't bother me, i'll just put some paint over the rub.

There was also a 7 point, that sold for about the same money.

Best Regards

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by p_mihai_ro
    THanks for the answers. The frame came in today and it's truly awesome, i'm so happy i bought it.
    The reducers are indeed 10mm ID, 30mm len, and whatever external diameter you need for the shock. (Manitou is 12mm, others I understand are 1/2 inch (12.7mm). THere was no headset on the frame, the head tube has 44mm cups (actually 43.90, 43.95). I got an internal no-stack press in headset, however i guess a stacked one is the same as long as the cups have around 44mm and you have a fork long enough. I'm putting all this info here because I searched a lot for it and couldn't find it.

I got the frame on ebay, I think there's a 6 point 4 left right now. I'd say go get it. THe seller is serious and shipped right away. http://cgi.ebay.com/Ironhorse-6-Poin...#ht_751wt_1137

My frame has a blemish tough... it's where the right lower link touched the weld for the ISCG plate. Doesn't bother me, i'll just put some paint over the rub.

There was also a 7 point, that sold for about the same money.

Best Regards
    Hi p_mihai_ro,

thank you very much for the information.

Greetings from Barcelona.