Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Point photos

on a routine expedition
    Olcott in action at the Sea Otter DH:

Sabrina Jonnier was racing a 6Point8 as well:

Last edited by Marshall Willanholly; 04-17-2007 at 10:08 AM.

Just another FOCer
    Olcott about to break the sound barrier:
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos[/SIZE]

Capricious youth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Olcott about to break the sound barrier:
    "Holy crap. "

That's all I have to say about that.

Well, not "all" I have to say. Is that a Totem on that 6point? Or a Lyric?
    Meh.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3

Well, not "all" I have to say. Is that a Totem on that 6point? Or a Lyric?
    that would be a Totem

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    that 'Effective Top Tube' stuff from the Iron Horse site. They say it's with a 25mm layback post... surely that adds another inch?! Especially as other manufacturers only treat it as the horizontal distance between the Head tube and seat tube.

Obviously... I could be wrong!!!

Capricious youth...
    Acadian... that doesn't slack out the geometry to kingdom-come on that bike?

What have you been building lately? The only time I met you, I believe you were riding a 7point with Codes and a Totem.
    Meh.

Capricious youth...
    Acadian... that doesn't slack out the geometry to kingdom-come on that bike?

What have you been building lately? The only time I met you, I believe you were riding a 7point with Codes and a Totem.
    Meh.

mtbr member

My 6POINT finished!

And she works well!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just another FOCer
    That is one sick ride! Enjoy her.

Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    And she works well!

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    And she works well!
    Nice, nice, nice! Great build!

toby

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    nice any ideas of the weight of that build?

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    In her natural habitat..

Just another FOCer
    Nice shot Luc. What are the grid coordinates to that location? Kidding.

Any plans for a write up?

Winston

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    After looking at these sexy machines
    I'm interested in a frame to build it up.

Do they climb ok?
    What's the average weight in these (low/mid 30's lbs)?

Where can I find a frame and how much they go for?

thanks for your help
    regards,
    Charles

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

O yes

Quote Originally Posted by Mastersonics
    After looking at these sexy machines
    I'm interested in a frame to build it up.

Do they climb ok?
    What's the average weight in these (low/mid 30's lbs)?

Where can I find a frame and how much they go for?

thanks for your help
    regards,
    Charles
    I have been riding one a lot for around 8 months now. It is for reall.

The 6 point is a very capable climber especially once you get used to the low BB.

You have to build it up nice ($$) to get it in the low 30s. Mid to high 30s is more common.

We sell them at The Path. Price can very from model to model, but the frames are mid to low teens in us dollars.

mtbr member
    how strong are the 6 points would they be good for slopestyle.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    how strong are the 6 points would they be good for slopestyle.
    I have that same question, is the 6 point able to take bigger drops and gaps ?

Who pickin the banjo?
    That all depends on the rider not the bike. You could hit a 15' gapped double on a road bike if you are smooth.
    "We ought never to look behind us with regret nor ahead with fear, but around us with awareness."

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    6 Points are pretty good for slopestyle once you get used to them. The suspension on DW-Link bikes runs softer (low compression) than most bikes so they tend to soak up and smooth out the ride more than most bikes. I found my 6Point felt very close to my 7Point in that it is great for bigger sized jumps and for tearing through rock gardens, but for bouncing off of kickers it still felt a little on the soft side compared to my MKIII.
    Right now I'm riding (testing) out a Bottle Rocket and I must admit this bike is amazing for jumping and throwing around. I can bounce off stumps and rocks with it much easier. I attribute this to geometry and tighter suspension. With that said, once I hit rock gardens or chatter the bike becomes a pogo stick, and this is where the DW-Link shines.
    Slopestyle bikes generally work best when the suspension is firm to get maximum boost and control off of jumps. I think Iron Horse should make a 4.5-5" slopestyle bike with slack geometry. My intuition says that they are already on it. They had something close to it a while ago with there Hollowpoint 4X bike. I would say that the MKIII with a shorter stem and the headangle slackener would be a little better for true "slopestyle". For throwing down the 15' foot ladder drops the 7 Point is your bike.

mtbr member
    ryder kasprick does use a mklll for slopstyle and i was confused when i saw him on one but now i understand why.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDiggler
    6 Points are pretty good for slopestyle once you get used to them. The suspension on DW-Link bikes runs softer (low compression) than most bikes so they tend to soak up and smooth out the ride more than most bikes. I found my 6Point felt very close to my 7Point in that it is great for bigger sized jumps and for tearing through rock gardens, but for bouncing off of kickers it still felt a little on the soft side compared to my MKIII.
    Right now I'm riding (testing) out a Bottle Rocket and I must admit this bike is amazing for jumping and throwing around. I can bounce off stumps and rocks with it much easier. I attribute this to geometry and tighter suspension. With that said, once I hit rock gardens or chatter the bike becomes a pogo stick, and this is where the DW-Link shines.
    Slopestyle bikes generally work best when the suspension is firm to get maximum boost and control off of jumps. I think Iron Horse should make a 4.5-5" slopestyle bike with slack geometry. My intuition says that they are already on it. They had something close to it a while ago with there Hollowpoint 4X bike. I would say that the MKIII with a shorter stem and the headangle slackener would be a little better for true "slopestyle". For throwing down the 15' foot ladder drops the 7 Point is your bike.
    That's some good fo' Dirt. I now ride the 6point, had a 7point. And my wife rides the MK3.
    The 6point has been doing pretty well even though I think it is real cramped when I drop the seat low. Not that I am sitting much while descending but when I am DH'ing I'll keep the seat low and I am practically sitting on the back of the seat. And my seat is all the way back. I am 5'8" and bought a 17" frame. I wish I could've tried a 19" frame.

As for the slopestyle bike, That's a good idea. I want a bike that has slacker geometry for my wife but not the weight of the 6point. She doesn't need lots of travel either. Just a slacker HA than the MK3 currently has. Somewhere near 67.5 deg. A dw-link bottle-rocket with the weight of the MOJO would be nice!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hello?, I just got my 6.8 frame. It's a 15" one. It looks nice. My only worry is that the rocker link (not sure if it is the right term for it) will hit the seatpost clamp on its full travel. They look so close each other. Anyone ride 15" 6.8??, or hopefully Mr. DW can explain this? Appreciate it !.

on a routine expedition
    A couple shots from yesterday's ride:

This first one I've entitled "Iron Horse and Neutered Goat"

Last edited by Marshall Willanholly; 07-24-2007 at 01:25 PM.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    great shots...thanks for sharing. man I can't wait to be healthy again so I can ride mine.

Stand back

2nd That!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDiggler
    I think Iron Horse should make a 4.5-5" slopestyle bike with slack geometry. My intuition says that they are already on it. They had something close to it a while ago with there Hollowpoint 4X bike.
    I hope you're right, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I don't honestly need 6" to ride front range Denver trails, but I do like slack and low. I'm currently trail riding a lowered gemini, but I know the rear suspension could be more effective. I'd thought about an mkiii with headtube slackener/ longer fork, but don't want the bb to get too high, and I also want a bike I can 4x/dj on without worrying about breaking it. A short travel 6 point seems like it would be pretty close...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast