Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

6 Point photos

152K views 632 replies 134 participants last post by  allen mueller 
#1 · (Edited)
Here it is the 6 point 8. Just built up and is already sold. Bang!

IH really stepped up on this frame. The attention to detail is crazy.
The good news for us (JRA) is there is another 6 point 8 in the process of being built.

Attachments

See less See more
#29 ·
Here's one on dirt (kinda) for ya!

As far as fit goes, I'm 5'9" on a 17". I have longish legs and shortish arms, so it works well. As dw has mentioned, the seat angle is steep, so the set-back post keeps the ergonomics correct when seated - out of the saddle it feels like a bike with a 23" TT.

#30 ·
Acadian said:
I'm 5'10" and like to run a short stems on all my bikes (e.g. between 55 and 65 - but my DH has a 45).

My 7Point is indeed a 17", but it has a 23" Effective TT (with a 55mm stem)
My Sunday has a 23.5 Effective TT (and that's a DH bike)
My MkIII has a 23.25 Effective TT (with a 65mm stem)

See the pattern? I like effective TT's that are about 23". The 19" 6Point offers a 23" TT without the setback seatpost, which I won't be running. The 17" is 22" - I cannot see myself do long epic rides on a bike that has a 22" TT. Maybe if I wasn't doing much climbing, but the 6Point is designed to be pedaled up the mountain. :thumbsup:

so in short...I "assume" the 19" is what I need. The Wheelbase is a bit longer than my MkIII but pretty much on par with my 7Point - should make for a super stable bike on those fast fun descents, which is what I will be seeking on this bike!
Thanks for that. I had been wondering about the Eff. TT measurement and seatpost angle with the layback post.

#31 ·
Dogboy said:
As far as fit goes, I'm 5'9" on a 17". I have longish legs and shortish arms, so it works well. As dw has mentioned, the seat angle is steep, so the set-back post keeps the ergonomics correct when seated - out of the saddle it feels like a bike with a 23" TT.
that's what i was thinking. i'm 5'9" and went for the 17". steep forward seat angle will be good for climbs, but when standing i bet it feels just right.

Attachments

#37 ·
TRUSS said:
I'm confused, GO-Ride has 6 point TT 23" for size 17 & 24" for the 19.
I am also 5' 10" and no IH dealer around so I will have to purchase online & get sizing right.
The effective TT does not change by the full setback amount(25mm):

dw said:
Approx 10mm less on the virtual TT. You can slide your seat back to compensate no problem. I run a straight post on mine with the seat back.

Dave

#39 ·
waynep said:
Hi was wondering if the 6point8 can be built up to handle a bit more trail-ish rides? Like using XTR parts and stuff to lower the weight so that climbing is not too much of a ***** without compromising the downs.
The 6point8 is built up with pretty light stuff as is - SRAM X-0 shifters and rear derailleur, Juicy Carbon brakes, DT EX1750 wheels. You could run XTR shifters and rear derailleur as well as brakes, but I don't think it would make a noticeable difference. That is pretty much all you could swap to XTR - the cranks, rear hub, front derailleur are not compatible.

#41 ·
The Path has em'...the owner and one of the employee's each have one (albeit with slightly altered specs). I rode one of the employee's 17" 6point8's today (with a Totem)...very impressive. The rear end feels GREAT:thumbsup: I was actually considering what organs I could sell to pay for the frame. I'm 5'11" and would get a 19" (depending an which kidney I decide to pawn).

#47 ·
thephat said:
We have 6.6 and 6.8 bikes in stock now. We would be glad to sell you just the frame.
Indeed they do (and are). Picked this up last night.

Still have a bit of work to do (new rear brake line, cut steerer, der. cables, etc). I'll probably end up switching to a coil shock, but for now does anyone have a recommendation for where to start with the shock pressures? I'm around 170lb with gear.

#48 ·
Our numbers grow stronger. :thumbsup:

What size frame and are you racing Fontucky on it this weekend?

PS - When the Lyrik breaks again you can always slap on your 66 Light. :smilewinkgrin:

SkullCrack said:

#49 ·
SkullCrack said:

Still have a bit of work to do (new rear brake line, cut steerer, der. cables, etc). I'll probably end up switching to a coil shock, but for now does anyone have a recommendation for where to start with the shock pressures? I'm around 170lb with gear.

Nice! Man that looks good.

I run about 125 lbs in the boost valve and about 10 lbs under riding weight in the main chamber. Start there and check your sag. Have fun!

#50 ·
SkullCrack said:

:eek: WOW!! that looks sick!

The shop you got it at let you pic all those bits for it?

#51 ·
Winston said:
Our numbers grow stronger. :thumbsup:

What size frame and are you racing Fontucky on it this weekend?

PS - When the Lyrik breaks again you can always slap on your 66 Light. :smilewinkgrin:
It's a large, and I am racing this weekend. :yesnod:

What do you mean when the Lyric breaks again? It hasn't worked right since I got it back from being "fixed." :rolleyes:

Dogboy said:
I run about 125 lbs in the boost valve and about 10 lbs under riding weight in the main chamber. Start there and check your sag. Have fun!
Thanks for the help! How much sag should I be getting?

Acadian said:
The shop you got it at let you pic all those bits for it?
Most of them came from my RFX. I got the wheels, cranks, chainguide, and front der. with the frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.