Thread: 3.0 Maverick

XC Rider
    Aug 2007

New question here. 3.0 Maverick

Hi guys. I was looking at rscycle and they have the maverick 3 on sale for 340. I am kinda a newbie cause of the shops in my country ---- none. Not a single shop that sells major brands, just chinesse bikes. Believe it or not! I am soon traveling to the US and I'm thinking of a bike (HT) for under $400 and mech disk brakes are a must. Please give me some advice. I don't really like the forks on the maverick and the promax brakes , and so I was looking on ebay for some 08 Motobecane bikes that come with rockshox dart 1. Here are the links with the specs for both bikes. I would be very greatfull to some recommendations

http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id....=7&category=56

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ALUMINUM-MOU...QQcmdZViewItem

Many Thanks

XC Rider
    Aug 2007
    PLease guys, I need some help....

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hi, I just came to your post by chance and I figured I could help you out a little... I have an Iron Horse Maverick 1.5 I originally bought for commuting from Performance Bike. I soon realized I LOVED to bike and wanted to get into mountain biking, too. The thing about the Maverick line is that the while some of the stock components are not that great, the frame is awesome. It's really beefy but light and can handle just about anything. So, you get a decent bike to begin with and you have a great frame you can build on later. I upgraded my front end with a RockShox Tora fork, Cane Creek headset, and Ritchey stem and now it can handle some serious singletrack no problem even with the stock v-brakes and crankset.

I saw the Motobecane and frankly the components really aren't much better than the Iron Horse, but I can almost guarantee the Iron Horse's frame is better than the Motobecane. So, if you want something cheap but you can build up later when you get more cash, get the Iron Horse - you'll still have fun with it stock, too.

Tossin the salad.
    Today I rode a maverick 5.5. That was a very nice bike. I got great pops with it. Riding wheelies was a breeze

They were on sale @ performance for 450.00

XC Rider
    Aug 2007
    Thanks a lot guys. THe Maverick frame really looks better. Also the 5.5 was a great deal. I will make my choice soon because I get just $200 for my summer job, working 8 hrs a day, also saturdays. That's the kind of money we get in Albania...
    Once again, I appreciate your help !!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I got the 5.5 on Sat, for $350 and like it. however on Sunday I crashed it on a fast downhill, newbie mistake. Held up very well on a pretty bad crash.