mtbr member
    Feb 2004

2008 6 point frame weight?

Considering this as a cheap alternative to the Ibis Mojo HD. Same travel, very similar geometry, DW link, only 1 lb disadvantage on frame weight in theory.

http://www.rscycle.com/2008-Iron-Hor...8&category=172

Does anybody have an actual frame weight on a Large or other size? 7.3lb would be fine and should build to a 32-33 lb AM build (XT), but I've read so many posts that say 36-39 lbs and that 33 is very difficult to hit it has me thinking the advertised 7.3 lb frame weight is a pipe dream?

Plasko
    I can't honestly say what the frame weighs exactly, but it felt light as f**k when I pulled it out of the box. The problem is that the bike uses 150mm thru-axle rear & 83mm bb shell. Both of these features usually cause an indirect weight gain for bikes, since the parts that cater to those standards are freeride/DH bits. I will definitely be weighing my bike once its all put together, just for curiosity's sake.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Rear wheel can be built just about as light as you'd want to go...Chris King 150 with choice of spokes and rim.

Cranks will add a bit. FSA Gravity Lights add about 133 grams over XT but still, this thing should easily build to 32 lb if the frame weight of 7.3 is anywhere near accurate?

mtbr member
    The 2007 6point frame size large weighs 8.1 lbs with dhx 5 air and headset cups.
    2008 shouldn't change weight.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I got mine built up to 32.7 lbs -- check my post in the 6point photos thread. Sorry, don't have the time right now to look it up for you.