mtbr member
    Jan 2007

New question here. 2007 MK III Team

First post, sorry if it's the wrong spot.

Where are the deals on the new 2007 MK III Team? Any prefered online vendors?

Thanks in advance.

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrock45
    First post, sorry if it's the wrong spot.

Where are the deals on the new 2007 MK III Team? Any prefered online vendors?

Thanks in advance.
    deals on 07 bikes. They are barely out of the gates.
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    You can tell I'm new to this huh? So when in 2007 do the 2007 models start to show up? And since they're not even out yet I should expect the deals to come this time next year when we're waiting for the 2008's. Guess this is where I start to try to find a deal on an 06 then? Thanks for heads up.

mtbr member
    Guess this is where I start to try to find a deal on an 06 then? Thanks for heads up.
    Go with the MKIII Expert w/ the Pike fork.

http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.55/.f

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm a clyde(220, 6ft) but ride mostly in Florida so no drops or anything like that for me. Any parts I should look to upgrade/change due to my weight? And yes I will go familiarize myself with the Clyde section and the others that review/discuss the individual parts on the 2006 MK III Expert.

mtbr member
    I'm a clyde(220, 6ft) but ride mostly in Florida so no drops or anything like that for me. Any parts I should look to upgrade/change due to my weight? And yes I will go familiarize myself with the Clyde section and the others that review/discuss the individual parts on the 2006 MK III Expert.
    I'm 6'-1" @ 200lbs w/out gear, rode my MKIII Expert in stock form for 9 months & was not easy on it, rock gardens & jumps were a part of every ride, not one complaint from the poor MK. The only thing I changed was a different riser bar (more rise) & tires (not a fan of the Fire XC's) bars were because the head angle was a bit steeper than my previous bikes. Get the bike, you will not be dissapointed 9

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The 19" seems to be a very common size as a few dealers are out of the 19" only. I'll keep my eyes peeled and keep looking for one.

mtbr member
    I'm a clyde(220, 6ft) Any parts I should look to upgrade/change due to my weight? on the 2006 MK III Expert.
    The 19" may be a little tight in the cockpit for you. At 5-10"/180lbs/72" reach I swapped out the stock Thomson Elite seat post for one with about an 1-1/4" offset. Might just be my riding preference though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    My last bike was a 2003 Jamis XLT 3.0 in 19" so that 's all I have to go on. No Iron Horse dealers nearby have any MK III's.

mtbr member
    My last bike was a 2003 Jamis XLT 3.0 in 19" so that 's all I have to go on. No Iron Horse dealers nearby have any MK III's.
    Opinions and preferences vary.

size question- 19 or 21

Help me size an MKIII

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks broncbuster and everyone else. I'll probably have to do some calling around here in the next few days to find out exactly what some remote or online dealers may have on hand. I think the 19' is the size for me now just finding a MK III will be the trick.