Senior Expert DH

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! 2007 6point8 for sale... (yes, I bought an MTBR ad)

Senior Expert DH
    No bites yet... how's the pricing? is it too high or something? I know these bikes are in demand..

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I think it is just a little on the hight side. I am surprised you haven't gotten any bites yet though. All said and done, I paid about $1400 for a new 6point4 and I thought that was a smokin deal. $300 price difference isn't a lot to swallow considering the better shock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko
    No bites yet... how's the pricing? is it too high or something? I know these bikes are in demand..
    It's probably too high.
    I paid $1350 for my new 6point8 frame. No special discount. Used it is probably worth half that. I sold 2 IH frames new pulled from fully built bikes. One sold for $800 and the other sold for $700.
    I placed ads for them both in MTBR. It's worth a try at first but I eventually sold them on ebay. But you pay commission so that sucks.
    The wheelset and other bits help but people look for bargains when buying used.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    why don't you part it out? I bet you could get a decent buck just for the wheels, and then sell the frame cheaper.... why are you selling the bike anyway?

Senior Expert DH
    Getting an 08 RFX.

Senior Expert DH
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    It's probably too high.
    I paid $1350 for my new 6point8 frame.
    Wow... $1350 is a smokin' deal considering what the completes were MSRP.

With the frameset I'm selling I would hope that if someone was interested they would at least throw an offer at me. It's only been up for like 4 days so it's not the end of the world.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko
    Wow... $1350 is a smokin' deal considering what the completes were MSRP.

With the frameset I'm selling I would hope that if someone was interested they would at least throw an offer at me. It's only been up for like 4 days so it's not the end of the world.
    If I was going to stray away from a dw-link bike, I would be headed towards a Titus El Guapo.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    yeah, the EG looks sweet. I was going to pony up for one, but then the 6point hit me for much much cheaper.

Miko, I sent an email out to a friend that was looking for a new bike. I think 6" is a little much for him, but he'd grow into it.

mtbr member
    I'd post another ad and drop the price a couple hundred. Keep in mind it's a lot harder selling bikes this time of year. (I've had a XS '06 Trance frame for sale for a month now -- the deal is ridiculous but yet no takers.)

-

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgrath
    I think it is just a little on the hight side. I am surprised you haven't gotten any bites yet though. All said and done, I paid about $1400 for a new 6point4 and I thought that was a smokin deal. $300 price difference isn't a lot to swallow considering the better shock.
    $1400 for the 6point4 complete? Does Iron horse still have left over 07's? Are they closing them out or something? I saw that RS cycle has them for like 1700..

I would have my lbs order one if they are getting rid of the 07's.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    no, not complete. 1400 for the frame, DT 5.1/hope pro2 wheels, cranks and headset.