mtbr member
    Nov 2009

2005 Iron Horse 7 Point 5 Shock Replacement

Having a shock with an odd size, 9 x 2.75 is a pain in the ass. I went from the stock 5th element to Manitou and now just got a DHX 5. The DHX 5 came from 2007 Spec SX II and the eyelets are completely different from the two shocks I have. My question is how do I determine what kind of mounting hardware I need to install the DHX 5 to my IH frame?

the body eyelet of the DHX is a bit bigger:

upper eyelet:

pricepoint mounting hardware:
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/180...-Kits-2009.htm

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Size you need is I think 8mm x 30mm, Pricepoint doesn't have it. Looks like you'll need some DU bushes as well. Easiest way to get it is to just call up Fox Shox and order everything. I've ordered direct from them a few times, they are cheap and fast, just tell them what bike and what you need and they can look it up. Get a few extra sets, as 7 points churn through those things fast (mine did anyway).

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by norton05
    Size you need is I think 8mm x 30mm, Pricepoint doesn't have it. Looks like you'll need some DU bushes as well. Easiest way to get it is to just call up Fox Shox and order everything. I've ordered direct from them a few times, they are cheap and fast, just tell them what bike and what you need and they can look it up. Get a few extra sets, as 7 points churn through those things fast (mine did anyway).

thanks!!