Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 2005 bike shots

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    11

    2005 bike shots

    sup peeps...
    well i was getting ready for a ride up on killington VT and looked over in the parking lot and saw these 2 bikes... after scratching my head for a sec i figured ide go over and take a closer look at somthing that said ironhorse but had totally different linkage that i had never seen b4...

    after speaking with travis and shannon "the very kewl owners" they informed me thier 2005 models in testing... travis let me ride it about the lot abit and all's i can say is it felt solid as a rock and the forks "doing only light riding" felt insanely fluid... needless to say i was drooling all over and figured ide give the bike back before i made a mess on it lol...

    anyway heres some shots...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Buckle Up
    Reputation: WheelieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by zillaoc
    sup peeps...
    well i was getting ready for a ride up on killington VT and looked over in the parking lot and saw these 2 bikes... after scratching my head for a sec i figured ide go over and take a closer look at somthing that said ironhorse but had totally different linkage that i had never seen b4...

    after speaking with travis and shannon "the very kewl owners" they informed me thier 2005 models in testing... travis let me ride it about the lot abit and all's i can say is it felt solid as a rock and the forks "doing only light riding" felt insanely fluid... needless to say i was drooling all over and figured ide give the bike back before i made a mess on it lol...

    anyway heres some shots...
    Wow! It looks like weve got another bullit clone, but this time with a 1.5 headtube.
    <><

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    38

    did they mention......

    Quote Originally Posted by zillaoc
    sup peeps...
    well i was getting ready for a ride up on killington VT and looked over in the parking lot and saw these 2 bikes... after scratching my head for a sec i figured ide go over and take a closer look at somthing that said ironhorse but had totally different linkage that i had never seen b4...

    after speaking with travis and shannon "the very kewl owners" they informed me thier 2005 models in testing... travis let me ride it about the lot abit and all's i can say is it felt solid as a rock and the forks "doing only light riding" felt insanely fluid... needless to say i was drooling all over and figured ide give the bike back before i made a mess on it lol...

    anyway heres some shots...



    Did they mention anything about the release dates on the dh bike? looks sick

  4. #4
    Team
    Reputation: DHbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,176
    Wow a Kona Stinky (and many other bikes like a k2 Tirade) and a Santa Cruz Bullit. Very original, still great bikes though.
    fusionx2.com/eatskisleep
    500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    the thingamajig that's attached to the doohickey is causing some issues with the whatchamacallit. But whatever it is your going to have take'er apart a give'er a looksee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Ugh...judging drops on MTBR is like guys judging their own penis size.

  5. #5
    On MTBR hiatus :(
    Reputation: Speedub.Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    9,145
    Quote Originally Posted by DHbiker
    Wow a Kona Stinky (and many other bikes like a k2 Tirade) and a Santa Cruz Bullit. Very original, still great bikes though.
    No, that's no Stinky clone (or a clone of anything else for that matter). Ride a dw-link bike and you'll feel what I mean.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    11
    as i said i only did very light riding with it... felt like a dream...
    i think the vavling in the forks may have been factory done as they were plush thru as much of the stroke as i could use...
    ill be looking for one when they come out...

  7. #7
    Industry Loudmouth
    Reputation: ska todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    965
    As Nate says, the dw-link bike is NOTHING like a Kona. NOTHING! There has been lots of insider stuff posted about this bike over on ridemonkey and hcor. You can read up on dw-link technology at www.dw-link.com.

    As for the single pivot bike, it is a new platform being released in the fall called Yakuza. It is a lower-end freeride platform with prices between $800 and $2000.

    The fork on Travis' bike were Blackbox mod'ed by the Rock Shox race techs. You can purchase those parts thru Rock Shox/Sram.

    -ska todd

  8. #8
    Buckle Up
    Reputation: WheelieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd
    As Nate says, the dw-link bike is NOTHING like a Kona. NOTHING! There has been lots of insider stuff posted about this bike over on ridemonkey and hcor. You can read up on dw-link technology at www.dw-link.com.

    As for the single pivot bike, it is a new platform being released in the fall called Yakuza. It is a lower-end freeride platform with prices between $800 and $2000.

    The fork on Travis' bike were Blackbox mod'ed by the Rock Shox race techs. You can purchase those parts thru Rock Shox/Sram.

    -ska todd
    Can you give us any more info on the "yakuza"? Its obviously a bullit clone (not that theres anything wrong with that) but at least its got the 1.5 headtube, and the pivot appears to be lower than on a bullit. Also, is it true that you will have that new DH frame made in the USA?
    <><

  9. #9
    Industry Loudmouth
    Reputation: ska todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan
    Can you give us any more info on the "yakuza"? Its obviously a bullit clone (not that theres anything wrong with that) but at least its got the 1.5 headtube, and the pivot appears to be lower than on a bullit. Also, is it true that you will have that new DH frame made in the USA?
    I wouldn't call it a Bullit clone. A Bullit wasn't the 1st single pivot bike nor will it be the last. A single pivot bike is the easiest way to make a cost effective, durable suspension frame with good suspension performance.

    There will be 3 different Yakuza frames...a 7" freeride frame, an 8" DH frame, and a hardtail.

    There will indeed be a USA made DH frame. Retail is approx $2200 w/ shock, DT hub, e13 cups, FSA headset, & Thomson post. Colors are blue, yellow, or black.

    -ska todd

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    11
    ill be lookin for one as soon as thier available...

    the Blackbox mod seems to be what ime looking for in a fork though i would like to ride it a bit more "let the oil warm up a bit" but all in all the bike felt just plain solid...

    ive also heard the new 1.5 head tube has pretty much eliminated crack's in the welding...

  11. #11
    Industry Loudmouth
    Reputation: ska todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by zillaoc
    ill be lookin for one as soon as thier available...
    Expected around October time. We are taking orders for them now thru shops.

    the Blackbox mod seems to be what ime looking for in a fork though i would like to ride it a bit more "let the oil warm up a bit" but all in all the bike felt just plain solid
    The bike is very solid...#2 overall WC Series, #3 overall Norba Series, Aussie National Champion, Canadian National Champion, US Open Champion.

    ive also heard the new 1.5 head tube has pretty much eliminated crack's in the welding...
    I don't think we've had a front triangle warranty since switching over to the 1.5 standard actually. It's pretty bullitproof.

    -ska todd

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    38

    question?

    Is supergo going to be carrying them?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    38

    whats the retail....

    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd
    I wouldn't call it a Bullit clone. A Bullit wasn't the 1st single pivot bike nor will it be the last. A single pivot bike is the easiest way to make a cost effective, durable suspension frame with good suspension performance.

    There will be 3 different Yakuza frames...a 7" freeride frame, an 8" DH frame, and a hardtail.

    There will indeed be a USA made DH frame. Retail is approx $2200 w/ shock, DT hub, e13 cups, FSA headset, & Thomson post. Colors are blue, yellow, or black.

    -ska todd

    Whats the retail going to be on the complete DH bike?

  14. #14
    Industry Loudmouth
    Reputation: ska todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago
    Is supergo going to be carrying them?
    I am not sure which models will be carried by which dealers. If they do not stock it it can be ordered. You can special order any Iron Horse Bike through any dealer.

    Quote Originally Posted by chicago
    Whats the retail going to be on the complete DH bike?
    Except for the frame kit, all pricing will be announced at the tradeshows.

    -ska todd

Similar Threads

  1. Mountain bike jargon/ lingo
    By bstguitarist in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 01:02 PM
  2. Good info on bike locks.
    By 2melow in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 01:02 AM
  3. If you need to know this.
    By KevinVokeyJ24 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 09:40 AM
  4. Looking into a new bike, please, please, help!
    By planonovicerider in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 07:23 AM
  5. opinions
    By ScotchtapeLoser in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 01:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •