Tater Like'um Bike Ridez!

New question here. 2005 7point frame/shock questions

Building a 2005 7Point frame, and understand there may be some limitations to what rear shock the frame will take. Is there anywhere I can find a list of shocks that will work? After searching around I gather that the 2005s have a different linkage than the following years. They made a different link to accommodate DHXs, ROCOs, Vivids etc. supposedly... Can this linkage still be found to buy/whatever now that IH has gone under?

Also, any suggestions for a coil spring weight for a 175lb rider? Don't plan on getting a platform shock, looking to maximize the DW link plushness... probably a Vanilla or Vivid...
    [SIZE=4]SEEK THE GNARL, LEST IT FIND YOU FIRST.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I run a vivid on my 05 7 point and a vanilla R on my 08 7 point.

I like the vanilla R better. I am 200# or so and run a 400# spring on one bike and a 350# spring on the other. You will ned around a 300# to 350# spring depending on how much sag you want.

Check out bikewagon.com for a cheap vanilla R ($130) You will need 8x30mm mounting hardware for the shock that can be found at universal or jenson.

Hardware: Need M8x30mm

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...s.php?id=19939

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    a normal 8.75 x 2.75 shock on a 2005 7 point? What do you need to do to get this done?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Mounting hardware for the 05 7 point should be 8mm x 30mm. That year of 7 point used an 8mm dowel pin for mounting up the shock.